Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cupra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
London, UK
made this and thought i would share...

Here are my iPhone 4 o2 Icons :)

Bundles/com.apple.O2_UK

Screenshots - on iPhone 4

99465850.jpg

Image files - click the links to load the images then right click (cmd+click) > save file as...

FSO_CARRIER_O2-UK@2x.png

fsocarriero2uk2x.png

Default_CARRIER_O2-UK@2x.png

defaultcarriero2uk2x.png

Be sure to rename the files to ones in the hyperlinks for these to work, image shack renames the file and takes out the @ which is needed for retina graphics (@2x.png)

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I know the icon names an bundle folder but no winterboard theme or just flat out dumping icons into the bundle folder changes the logo..... did you do any plist editing?

Cupra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
London, UK
I know the icon names an bundle folder but no winterboard theme or just flat out dumping icons into the bundle folder changes the logo..... did you do any plist editing?

If you don't have or theme with winterboard just find the right folder and dump/overwrite the files in the appropriate carrier folder..

However I think some carriers just use text instead of an image logo..

I didn't do any plist edits to make the o2 one work.

Ash9414

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2010
United Kingdom
Would you be able to make a version for the iPhone3G/S? The iPhone 4 version you made looks simple stunning and it would be good to replicate this for old devices. Thanks.

Cupra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
London, UK
Would you be able to make a version for the iPhone3G/S? The iPhone 4 version you made looks simple stunning and it would be good to replicate this for old devices. Thanks.

I originally made this for my old 3gs, the files are at home so ill upload them when i get a chance later.

cheers

Evgenyy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
thats right yes. Providing you are actually on o2 UK

I take it you dont have winterboard?

try a reboot of the phone instead of a respring.

Can't seem to get it to work with Vodafone either. I replaced the icons and nothing happens after either respring or reboot. Did you have to edit your carrier.plist file?

Also, the original pics are named without @2x at the end. DO we still add @2x anyway?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.