$999.00 New MAC??? Yep you got it!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dredaz3, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dredaz3 macrumors newbie

Ok guys long time lurker first time poster... I got some info on the new macs, I know this isn't the right forum but I had to get this info out there. This is the inventory system at best buy. These pics are from a blackberry sorry for the bad quality.

Take these photos however you want...They weren't PHOTOSHOPPED or changed.
    I don't know how to post screenshots so I posted it to mediafire. If someone could get this info out to the right people then do your thing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=79687d9e2da202b0d2db6fb9a8902bda

Thanks, Dre

Im giving you the info exactly how it was shown to me. I BELIEVE this confirms a PRICE POINT and also a possible date (oct 14th for the event)

2. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Umm, okay. Where is this Bestbuy located? Because, if it's true this Mac is $999. It is more then likely the base model iMac. Also the only proline Bestbuy sells, is the MacBookPro. They do not carry the Mac Pro, so wrong section. Also those pics say the sell started 9-18, I was in there yesterday picking up a mini-dvi to vga adapter. All there macs where normal price. So I would say it's a fake, but I hear up Northwest this is normal price?

3. dredaz3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, this best buy is in maryland. And its not a fake, I know this is the wrong section but I didn't know where else to post it. Someone hopefully can move it into the right one. And it says its a desktop its most likely not the pro lineup but still decent info.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Yea, it does say desktop. So I lean to iMac. Also OP there is an Mac Mini, iMac section and you just click above it :rolleyes:

6. Lord Zedd macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd

7. dredaz3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for posting in the pro section, I defintely skipped right past the iMac forum. And i agree this may not be anything concrete it might be a placeholder entry, but the price point is just as important.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If thats real the most important part is the 9-15-08 begin date and the 10-15-08 end date. That implies something thats on sale right now.
    Making it a current whatever.

9. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Mmmmhmm, speak it brother!

PS: The bold is my B-Day, I will be 18!!!

10. dredaz3 thread starter macrumors newbie

While I agree, the date for the event is Oct 14th that means on the 15th something might be inventoried. I have seen instances in which where there is this "dummy" sku which changes over to a "real" sku. I think this will be the dummy sku. And this sku is 9xxxxx sku, all new products whether new cds or new tvs or whatever are starting in this series so this states that this is a new product.

11. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Sooo, you are saying that Apple for my B-Day is bringing out a new toy?!?!? Apple must love me and if they really do they will send me one for free! Also the 15th is on a Wednesday, Apple always releases on a Tuesday...

12. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Study my friend..

http://www.upcdatabase.com/pager.asp?page=12

13. dredaz3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Study what? silly. I stated take this info how you want....I doubt it would be in that system anyway. The damn thing has no info on it... i.e specs, pics. This is showing you possibly a price point and possibly a date. And Im not stating that apple would release on the 15th. im saying that it could change in the inventory system.

14. hexonxonx macrumors 601

By the way, BestBuy has only the 30" ACD in stock as well. They no longer have the 23" and the 30" is no longer available in store but delivery only.

15. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

I have two Bestbuy's in my area. One only stocks the 20" and the 23" and the other stocks all 3 of them. Also to the OP, I am going to ignore your last post... Silly...

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I was going by what BesBuy online states. The website no longer lists the 20 and 23" ACDs.

17. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The UPC code on those pictures described current models of Apple hardware/software.

It's called a Universal Product Code.

And you are the person that started a discussion titled $999.00 New Mac ??? Yep you got it.

You were implying the pictures were for new Apple products when in fact they are for current on sale products within the Best Buy system and the sale date ends Oct. 15th.

But don't get me wrong. Apple will be coming out with new hardware in October..

We just have to wait and see what they are and the price.

18. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Oh okay, I got you now.

19. dredaz3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I typed in the upc in the upc database and it didn't come up with anything it says item not found. So we might be looking at two different things.

20. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

That database doesn't have the UPC for all Apple products.

21. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

I am going to quote Carlos Mencia,"Dee-Dee-Dee!"

22. Lord Zedd macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd

Another reason to avoid the sales kids at Best Buy.

23. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

I always do, no reason to talk to them. It's not like you can talk them down in price... I always do my research and use the price match to my advantage.

24. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

sounds nice. guess we will have to wait and see.

nice find though. way to keep your eyes open.

25. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Just a 20" iMac price drop. It's needed since Apple doesn't have any systems below $1000 like they used to in the good ole PowerPC days.