$999 13 inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BeeJee, Jul 14, 2012.

1. BeeJee macrumors 6502

2. ketchup4life06 macrumors member

Being an Ex-Employee of Frys, I'm pretty sure if you walked in to buy one at that price in the store that they won't have any in stock. I worked in the audio/video department and I don't know how many times people would come in with killer deals they found for a TV on the website that they haven't had in stock for months even when frys.com said our store had them. They just want you in the store, but by all means this does not mean I am correct....so might as well check it out for yourselves! Just don't get too mad if it turns out to be crap.

3. fedup flyer macrumors regular

If that is true, it is completely illegal and known as bait and switch.

4. smithy1185 macrumors member

smithy1185

I take it you haven't shopped at Fry's before. I still go there but they are definitely known for some shady tactics from time to time. People mostly seem to go to kill some time and just look around.

5. ketchup4life06 macrumors member

I wouldn't put it past them. They get sued on the daily.

6. calvol macrumors 6502a

Fry's seems to be hurting, walked in last week, and at least 10 sales clerks asked if I needed help. One said "let me sell you something"....

7. ketchup4life06 macrumors member

Haha yeah that'll happen when it is slow. The employees get paid 100% commission so if they don't sell, they don't make money.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

4 years ago I went to several Fry's in Texas since I had a paper printed add in hand for a "great price" on some RAM I wanted to give as a gift...everyone of the store employee's said they didn't have any but locked behind the display case at the last store I check they had 3 sets = they still wouldn't honor the price that I had on the printed ad that I was carrying with me = I walked out and ordered it on line with 3 day free shipping at ~20% cheaper...That was the last time I went into a Fry's while being in the states!

9. ketchup4life06 macrumors member

Fry's ProTip: If it is on ad, it probably doesn't pay the employees any commission. So most employees will likely try and ditch you and move on to another customer.

10. quicks macrumors newbie

11. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Have such retailers learned nothing from the Apple Store?

12. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Not a SINGLE frys in connecticut has one even in stock. What a bunch of con artists.

13. luqtotheman macrumors regular

Fry's is the worst electronic store imaginable.

14. fedup flyer macrumors regular

Nope, I have shopped at Fry's quite frequently in the past but where I live now....the nearest one is more than 250 miles away. I never really noticed any shady tactics. The only tactics I noticed was trying to get somebody to actually help you and then when I could, they were usually a dumba$$.

Poor customer service is what drove Incredible Universe and Circuit City out the brick and mortar biz.