$999 mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Starry, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Starry macrumors member

Starry

I know about the Microcenter deal( more like steal) on the new MBP. I am aware Apple does price matches, and I read someone on this forum still received the $100 student app store card even with the price match. I am a student, and the card would help me greatly for school. Apple stated to me they will not further discount for students if a price is matched. How is it possible to still receive the app card at no extra cost? Thank you.

2. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

3. skapple85 macrumors newbie

I got Best Buy to price match the $999.99 Microcenter price.

4. Starry thread starter macrumors member

Starry

I'm buying direct from Apple and my local store won't give me the app store card but someone else did even with the price match.

5. Starry thread starter macrumors member

Starry

My local Best Buy claims the Microcenter computers are "refurbished" and they are not. You have a better Best Buy.

6. Chiuy macrumors 6502

It really depends... if you have a Microcenter, like you live less than 2-3 hours away from it, they'll do a price match, otherwise, they're not going to do it.

7. bigp9998 macrumors regular

Have the Best Buy clerk call the MicroCenter and ask if it is refurbished right in front of you. If he won't, ask to talk to a manager.

Technically they only have to match local prices, so only if you have a Microcenter nearby, and technically they only have to match the deal you can actually get at Microcenter. So because you can't get the GC at Microcenter, they won't match that.

But these policies are unevenly obeyed and sometimes you can get lucky. This is what happened to the other person that you mention. There is no magic phrase that will convince every Apple Store / Best Buy employee to give you a good deal. Doesn't hurt to try though.

8. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

mc is a ok place to buy
    3 of my friend bought from there never a issue.

9. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Usually you won't be able to stack things the way you laid it out but I guess it's always worth a shot. I got mine from microcenter and it was a smooth process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk