$999 mbp?

Starry

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
California
I know about the Microcenter deal( more like steal) on the new MBP. I am aware Apple does price matches, and I read someone on this forum still received the $100 student app store card even with the price match. I am a student, and the card would help me greatly for school. Apple stated to me they will not further discount for students if a price is matched. How is it possible to still receive the app card at no extra cost? Thank you.

Chiuy

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2011
NorCal, Bay Area
It really depends... if you have a Microcenter, like you live less than 2-3 hours away from it, they'll do a price match, otherwise, they're not going to do it.

Comment

bigp9998

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Have the Best Buy clerk call the MicroCenter and ask if it is refurbished right in front of you. If he won't, ask to talk to a manager.

Technically they only have to match local prices, so only if you have a Microcenter nearby, and technically they only have to match the deal you can actually get at Microcenter. So because you can't get the GC at Microcenter, they won't match that.

But these policies are unevenly obeyed and sometimes you can get lucky. This is what happened to the other person that you mention. There is no magic phrase that will convince every Apple Store / Best Buy employee to give you a good deal. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Comment

ThaDoggg

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough, Canada
Usually you won't be able to stack things the way you laid it out but I guess it's always worth a shot. I got mine from microcenter and it was a smooth process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment