Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbadTKO

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
I decided to swap MacBook Pros since my 1st one had a distinct yellow tint towards the bottom of the LCD. Luckily, my new one is the LG panel and the colors are now even. However, I'm now seeing small dark blotches at the bottom, it's like a reverse backlight bleed phenomenon. It doesn't show in black, but does slightly on other colors. I figured it's not a big deal, but wanted to see if anyone else is noticing this.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
I decided to swap MacBook Pros since my 1st one had a distinct yellow tint towards the bottom of the LCD. Luckily, my new one is the LG panel and the colors are now even. However, I'm now seeing small dark blotches at the bottom, it's like a reverse backlight bleed phenomenon. It doesn't show in black, but does slightly on other colors. I figured it's not a big deal, but wanted to see if anyone else is noticing this.

Yes, I saw that on my first one (LG) and there is a little tiny bit on my new one too. I think it's simply uneven backlighting! Surprise: Apple managed to make the even LED backlighting slightly uneven! If you fill the screen with a white background, you'll see that there is still a degree of uneven splotchiness but it's hardly visible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.