9CA3 on 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikethebigo, Jun 13, 2009.

1. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Does anyone else here have the new 15" uMBP with the 9CA3 screen? If so I was wondering if you all have noticed that the very bottom of the panel is slightly dimmer than the rest of the screen. It may have something to do with the way the screen is backlit. Whenever I'm scrolling web pages my eyes always go to it!

Other than noticing this, I can honestly say this is the nicest laptop screen I've ever had.

Anyone else noticed this?

2. DaveyandGoliath macrumors newbie

3. Chuzwuzzin macrumors member

I have the same screen and it's not discernibly dimmer at the bottom of the screen as far as I can see.

4. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

It's a really slight difference. You really can't see anything, even with white web pages going all the way to the bottom of the screen?

5. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I believe I know what you are referring to and I do see it. But it's extremely slight. The previous UMP 15" screens had this also. It's a technology limitation. It's impossible to provide a completely even illumination with the current backlight technology.

6. wesrk macrumors 6502a

I'm going to the store in a bit, I will check this out and see if it's noticeable to me.

7. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Its actually not the backlights. Its the lcd panels. The pressure exerted on them cause this defect.