9to5Mac just posted a great Watch FAQ

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

2. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

3. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

I wish the mods would make this a sticky or make one of their own

5. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

The rumor of a limit of as low as 1 unit scares me. I'm planning on purchasing one for myself and one for my wife (as a birthday present). I know we could order them separately, but hers is a gift.

6. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I have heard those rumors also but I doubt they will limit it to 1 because they want people to use some of the direct watch to watch features. I am NOT sending my heartbeat to friends.

7. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

I don't understand the pre-order with the self pickup
    I know the AW model I want and I prefer self pickup because this way I can get it early 4/24 and not waste the day at home (I'll be visiting family that time and don't want to waste the day since I'm not from the U.S)
    Will the pre-order guarantee I'll have my desired AW reserved for me to pickup?

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If that's the less confusing round-up just how complicated was it before. :eek:

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I'm a bit concerned about that as well. If I do the try-on appointment and then try to order the watch I want say around 10-11AM, is the stock available to pre-order going to be separate from the online pre-orders? Do I run the risk of not being able to get what I want (probably the space black SSD) because the on-line pre-orders took them all?

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, they're separate as has always been the case with all iDevices.

11. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

What's the difference between pre-order and on-line pre-order?

12. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I think that the retail stores will have reserved stock. No different to iPhones and iPads really. Remember that millions of iPhones are ordered online for release day but the retail stores always have limited stock. Just make sure that you book an early appointment for the 10th April and you should be ok

13. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

But if I don't want/need an appointment?

14. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

im hoping that they will do the standard delivery option for those of use who dont need to shop, and know what we want. Just ship it to my damn house on the 24th!

15. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

They will. Impossible to get the numbers they need if they require everyone to try it on. Even a Rolex can be ordered online but they treat you very nicely if you get it in a store.

16. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Rolex does not allow it's authorised dealers to sell online.

17. Locoboof, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

9to5Mac just posted a great Watch FAQ

I think the way it works for store pickup is. You MUST select and reserve the watch you want..... Then once you get to the store they will let you try on that watch. If you like it then you pay for it there (not online like other apple items) in the store. Also the store will most likely only have stock for the people that pre-ordered and reserved ONLINE or IN-STORE first BEFORE a the 24th. They are saying no walk in purchases on the 24th. 9TO5MAC has a good article on it. I'll start a new thread and post it now.

18. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

HMMM. I have seen prices online for a store in Honolulu when I was shopping last year but I will admit I am not sure if I could have placed the order through the web. (just looked. they have the info but tell you which stores to come to). I DO know another store that would have shipped it to me but I did start in the store.

There ARE Others who have web ads but I know they are not authorized dealers. They sell used ones.

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

There are also a few dealers online selling new and discounted grey imports but they won't have a Rolex warranty. There's also a high risk in ending up with a counterfeit watch.

20. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I know the guy who wrote the collectable Rolex book. If I DID want to get another used Rolex I would consult with him. I would never consider eBay but have checked out some from reputable dealers who I trust.