>_< I've mucked something up

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
I renamed my home folder (previously "allancorbett") to "home" and now, after restarting it's made that into a new user.

How do I go about fixing this? My desktop and dock different and all my settings have changed back to default...

Please help...

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
jive said:
I renamed my home folder (previously "allancorbett") to "home" and now, after restarting it's made that into a new user.

How do I go about fixing this? My desktop and dock different and all my settings have changed back to default...

Please help...
Have you tried just changing it back? If that doesn't work, you can always recreate the original user name in the Accounts system preferences. This is assuming I understand what you did. Not sure if I do.

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
No, I've created a new folder in Users that has EVERYTHING that was on it previously under my account. So basically, all my stuff is still here but all my settinsg and locations for things are wrong....

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
jive said:
No, I've created a new folder in Users that has EVERYTHING that was on it previously under my account. So basically, all my stuff is still here but all my settinsg and locations for things are wrong....
Yes, and the first document above tells you how to put it back. Don't forget the last step, log out and back in.