Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

optimus prime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
i'm trying to find the folder of where the os x sounds come from.

theres this one sound that i want to use for my text message and i know it's on the iphone but idk what it's called.

i also want to know where all the sound clips from os x are.

i want to know what that sound is after sucessfully installing a .pkg to the os.

thanks!

optimus prime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
it's one of the text message ringtones on the iphone.

idk but my sounds on my computer suddenly changed, so i think its because of an update but i dont know.

i installed a program last night, and upon a successful installation, one of the sounds that i recognized from the iphone played. i'm looking for that sound.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
  1. If it's an iPhone ringtone, wouldn't that be on your iPhone?
  2. You didn't say what software you installed. The more information you provide when asking a question, the better people can help you. See my signature for a sample of the kind of info that's usually asked, in addition to what version of Mac OS X you're running, what software and version you installed, etc.
  3. What sounds changed on your Mac, exactly?
  4. If the app you installed is iPhone related, this thread might get more responses if it was moved to the iPhone forum.

optimus prime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
i'm running 10.5.4

i just installed any normal .pkg

you know how normall the "glass" sound sounds when a program is sucessfully installed?

i found out that the name is called "tri-tone" and it played when my program was sucessfully installed.

1441s2b.png

and this is the sound that played.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/19787748a58e0e51/

i need to know where i can find this on my computer so i can get the original file!

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
This tone is used in Disk Utility when it's done burning a disc. IDK if that helps but I recognize it from that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.