Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeppenwolf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
// Created by Eden Smallwood on Fri Dec 04 2009.
// Copyright (c) 2009 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.

Ok, this is a bit of a silly question. I'm building stuff in PB, (not XCode!), and it sticks these lines at the top of my files.

Is there some place where __MyCompanyName__ is defined? (Or not defined, in my case?) In PB, or in OSX ? I don't see it either place... Thx.

PS: I guess it might even be a SETENV in Unix?!?

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
Type the following into Terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions '{ORGANIZATIONNAME = "New company name";}'

It's documented here.

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
I forget for how long now but it can be set from within (at least the latest 2 or 3 versions of) Xcode.

• From any open project select "Edit Project Settings" from the "Project" menu.
  • In the resulting "Project <project name> Info" window select the "Info" view-tab control.
  • Place the name you wish 'ORGANIZATIONNAME' to substitute in the "Organization Name" field near the bottom left corner.
With subsequent use "New File…" your set name will appear within any new source/header files added to your project.

zeppenwolf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Ok, thanks I got it, although I'm using ProjectBuilder, but substituting 'com.apple.ProjectBuilder' into the above humongo defaults thing worked. Yay!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.