Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
It's amazing what kids can do when you don't put unnecessary boundaries all over the place (by making comments like 'I don't know, this is probably too hard for you', etc) ...

We recently recorded a birthday greeting on my iPhone with my 2.5 y/o, for his great-grandma. Other than that, we never use that app. A few days later, he picked up my wife's 3GS, unlocked it, found and launched the voice recorder app, recorded himself singing the alphabet song, stopped recording, played back the song (to make sure he sounded ok?) and then walked over to me holding the phone out, saying "can you send this to grandma?" ... Two years old. :eek:

sonicboom

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
This is excellent

Really shows how intuitive the device is.

I got a kick out of watching how easily she navigated/swiped the home screen and apps.

With so many people complaining about the weight of the iPad, it was interesting to see how she had no issue handling it :)

Did she complain about lack of flash support or multitasking :rolleyes:

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Really shows how intuitive the device is.

I got a kick out of watching how easily she navigated the home screen and apps.

With so many people complaining about the weight of the iPad, it was interesting to see how she had no issue handling it :)

Did she complain about lack of flash support or multitasking :rolleyes:

Lol, "where's the flash daddy, WTF"

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
So, an "iphone-savvy" child knows how to use the iPad? Imagine that... :rolleyes:

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
Adorable! That baby girl was doing pretty good on the iPad! Lol. Can't wait to show my 4 yr old niece my iPad because I know she will be all over it!

BMP84

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
My two year old does the same, and has since 8-months old with my iPhone. She loves the iPad even more, but called it a "uPad" lolz

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
My daughter is two and she always plays with my iPhone and iPod touch. She finds her favorite game (over break) and starts playing it by herself. I'm not sure if I'd let her use my iPad just yet :)

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Not suprising at all that a kid can tap an icon and move objects on the screen. Kids can learn to speak sign language before they can talk. This kid clearly has played with an iPhone or Touch before.

bsblvnv

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Las Vegas
That's awesome just think of the technology that her and kids like her will be ablet to create in the future compared to what Steve did.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
Not suprising at all that a kid can tap an icon and move objects on the screen. Kids can learn to speak sign language before they can talk. This kid clearly has played with an iPhone or Touch before.

iF you had read the text below the video it says "My iPhone-savvy 2.5 year-old daughter";)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.