A 24" iMac or 20" + external?

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Was planning on getting the 24 inch, now considering getting the 20 inch and then in the future getting another monitor 22/23 inch. I'll use it for graphic/multimedia related work.
With dual screens could I have say photoshop on one monitor and illustrator on the other? Or can it just be used for videos/webpages ect?
Any advise?

Aug 6, 2007
Was planning on getting the 24 inch, now considering getting the 20 inch and then in the future getting another monitor 22/23 inch. I'll use it for graphic/multimedia related work.
With dual screens could I have say photoshop on one monitor and illustrator on the other? Or can it just be used for videos/webpages ect?
Any advise?
I'd recommend the 20inch and an additional display.
Like you said; you'll want to have photoshop and illustrator running simultaneously. You can have one on each screen, which would be extremely useful.

Comment

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i would recommend the 24" model, mainly b/c of the higher resolution. then if you ever have the money for another external, you could get a 24" external to have the same size screens, which i believe is better.

Comment

Aug 6, 2007
i would recommend the 24" model, mainly b/c of the higher resolution. then if you ever have the money for another external, you could get a 24" external to have the same size screens, which i believe is better.
actually that's a good point.

OP, go with that.

Comment

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
I'd recommend the 20inch and an additional display.
Like you said; you'll want to have photoshop and illustrator running simultaneously. You can have one on each screen, which would be extremely useful.
Is that actually possible to have say photoshop on one and illustrator on the other?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.