All iPads A 6" iOS Device?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Suraj R., Feb 18, 2013.

1. Suraj R. macrumors regular

Note: This isn't based off of rumors or anything, this is all based off of my own ideas.

The current iOS device screen sizes are 4", 7.9" and 9.7". We can round these to 4", 8" and 10". There's room between 4" and 8" for a 6" screen size, so we can fill in the pattern (4,6,8,10).

What would you think of a 6" iOS device? It would be bigger than the Note series, but would it be too big to pocket? Doubt it, the iPad mini can fit in my pocket. I'd be interested in such a screen size, how about you?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

3. Suraj R. thread starter macrumors regular

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

6" is too big to be a phone and too small for a tablet.
    To me it doesn't make sense. personally I would like a large note sized phone ( but not 6") because I noticed I have used my phone much less as a traditional phone.

5. Suraj R. thread starter macrumors regular

I suppose, you couldn't really make phone calls with one hand with it. But maybe you could, I can hold the mini with one hand no problem, so a display two inches smaller wouldn't be a problem. But the 5" idea seems great.

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

No Apple please don't become Samsung. What would someone do with a 6" device that they couldn't do with their iPad mini?