Home A bag of hurt

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by aawil, Feb 23, 2016.

1. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I kind of expected this to just work but I can see it's nothing but a headache still. Bought an iHome plug to use with a lamp. I can only get it to work with one device, and only that device can find it via siri. It's currently setup on the iPad but I can't get it on the iPhone in their app and siri doesn't work on anything other than the iPad.

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I understand Homekit is a framework but this is a perfect example of the need for a UI, at the very least you need a visual representation of basic functions.

3. aawil thread starter macrumors 6502a

aawil

Well I figured this out. I logged out of iCloud on the device I had it working on. After reloading it works on all devices now. Bit of a pain but works well now. The complaining is over :)

4. amjustice macrumors 6502

amjustice

Glad you got it working, yes some of this stuff can be tricky on homekit right now. if you run into any other issues ping me and I am happy to try and help.

5. robnbill macrumors member

I'm curious on where triggers are stored and executed from. I know in the case of the iDevice switch - timed triggers are stored in the device - and executed from the switch. I wonder if that is the same for the ConnectSense switch and the iHome switches. I'm assuming the triggers are stored in the hub for Lutron devices.

Does anyone know?