A Battery bug? Indicator is frozen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdcrow711, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jdcrow711 macrumors regular

Last night I was using the phone and the battery showed full charge -- this morning it was still showing full charge.

I got to work and dropped it in the dock to listen to music -- and when I just went to grab a number out of it -- the phone was showing only a 1/4 charge. Has anyone else had the battery indicator in the top right just get "stuck" showing full (or anything else for that matter)?

Thanks!

2. crayonshin macrumors member

That's happened to me twice. Once on 2.0.1 firmware, and again recently after the 2.0.2 update. I was thinking how awesome my battery life was until I had to reboot and immediately got the 20% warning. :rolleyes:

3. jdcrow711 thread starter macrumors regular

I probably should have added this is only the first time and it is on 2.02 firmware. I would have been mighty upset if it went from full to shutting off for being empty. I was beginning to think the battery was working better too :(

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. Wile-E macrumors newbie

Had it happen to me for the first time last night - thought my battery life was doing great at 100% for so long, then it froze and rebooted. When it restarted, I had 20% left.

6. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

Yep. It happens to me maybe once every couple weeks. Its really frustrating....

7. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

It happened to me a few days ago, but it was when it was charging it was stuck at 80% and then the phone was getting really warm. I shut it off and then plugged it back in and it charged to 100%. I got scared, I thought my phone was going to die.:D

8. Wile-E macrumors newbie

Just out of curiosity, are the people who have this problem using non-Apple cables to charge their iPhone? Just a thought....

9. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Nope....regular cable and it has happened on my classic a few times since 2.0

10. jdcrow711 thread starter macrumors regular

Before this happened it was charged on the cable that came with the Apple BT that charges them both.

11. crimsontwo macrumors member

Used to happen to me once a week or so. While I still don't know what causes it, I haven't had this in a while since I stopped yanking the cable USB cable out while using the phone. Now I make sure it's locked, then I disconnect the cable and then start using the phone.

12. Oilbrnr macrumors 6502

13. TechJunky macrumors regular

Happened to me yesterday for the first time. I usually charge via AC, but yesterday I charged it by computer with the cable that came from apple. After a ton of surfing and game playing I noticed the bat still showed full. Shortly after, I got the 20% warning. :(