A bet I made with my students

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphoneIA, Sep 28, 2011.

1. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I am a middle school teacher (7th grade) and I jokingly made a bet with a few of them today. Of course they all love technology and say they are up to date with the latest news:rolleyes: So many of them told me that the Iphone 5 will have a slide out keyboard and I told them no way Apple would do such a thing. I then said if it comes with a keyboard I will crack my Iphone 4 in half. Not that I will do it but they loved to hear that I would go to such an extreme. Is my Iphone safe?:D

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Of course your phone is safe – your students, on the other hand, I wonder about... :p

3. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Your iPhone is safe. Next time, bet them candy instead. Even safer.

4. iphoneIA thread starter macrumors regular

Candy would be better then a 600 dollar Iphone. I love my students. They get so passionate when they think they know something more then the teacher.

----------

That is a safe bet to have.

5. Kyotoma, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I'm sure your iPhone is safe. No way Apple would ever have a slide out keyboard with the next iPhone.

6. benji21 macrumors member

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If It Does

Come with a slide out keyboard, I will build a fully functional clock out of butter that will chime the hours.....Your iPhone is totally safe.:D

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Your bet is safe and betting with your students is as bad as taking candy from a baby.;)

9. HeezyBear macrumors regular

What happens if they lose, though? Maybe crack little Steven's head in half? I kid.

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I am positive your iPhone is safe. I don't think Apple would ever include a side out keyboard because that would have too many moving parts and it would detract from the minimalistic look that Apple is so fond of. I'm glad your students can have that kind of relationship with you as a teacher. After recently finishing high school nd going to college, I can say my classes go by much better if I am able to have a connection like this with my teachers/professors.

12. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

You could have said you will eat your iphone and wash it down with broken light bulbs, and still not have a worry in the world.

Of all the things that could be reasonably bet upon regarding the next iPhone, a slide out keyboard isn't one of them..Not even close. I'd like to know how a slide out keyboard even came up when discussing iPhone. Obviously 7th graders don't know any better. But since you own an iphone, and are posting on MR, you could have told them "NO...That's not even a fair bet. Let's bet on one of these rumors instead?" At least it would have made it a bit more fun. Or you could have swung the bet in your favor (since the kids are so adament) and said if it DOESN'T have a slide out querty, each kid has to give $20. It's an easy win and 10 kids would pay for you subsidized iPhone 5. lol!

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

There better not be a surprise "one more thing" at the conference.. lol. :D

14. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Your phone will be safe :D i don't think it is very likely that apple wants to destroy the streamlined form of the phone..

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

What is their consequence of losing? Fail them?