iPhone X A better app than iTunes for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheTruth101, May 2, 2018.

1. TheTruth101 Suspended

Hi guys.

I want to transfer music to my iPhone but I have to upgrade OSX and I will not. iTunes is asking me to upgrade first.

What other way do I have to send music to my iPhone from my mac and play it back like in iTunes? I tried sending it via AirDrop but iTunes does not recognize the files.

Thank you.

2. Starfia macrumors 6502a

Starfia

If you're talking about content purchases from the iTunes Store, then you should be able to access and download that to your phone by signing in to the iTunes Store account on your phone.

If you're talking about general audio files (e.g. MP3s) that you might have stored in your Mac's iTunes library, there's no simple way to get those into the iPhone's Music app, but there are lots of alternate apps that can store and play them. Many aren't "jukebox" style apps that play sequences of audio files automatically, but there are plenty of simple file readers. One example is GoodReader – you can AirDrop them and add them to that. Another (depending on your operating system version) is the built-in Files app; you can create a folder in there just for music tracks and use that app to find and play them back. I'm sure there are some other good alternatives to the built-in Music app.

The simplest way for me when I don't want to mess around with iTunes at all is just to use iCloud Drive on the Mac to transfer the files wirelessly – drag them in and retrieve them on my phone. That would require OSes on both that at least support iCloud Drive, and you'd have to be signed in to your iCloud account on both.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

iExplorer could be another alternative to manage your library without iTunes involved. But I am not sure the legacy support from them. Another one is called iMazing. It does a similar job.

4. ericwn macrumors 68020

Documents by Readdle can be set up so that you can download folders with files.

It doesn’t put them in Music though and it’s not the same as a sync where you update play counts and have playlists.