Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pretorien

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2014
I use a mouse with my 15" MBP - hand problems make a touch pad difficult for me. I have been using a Logitech USB mouse - perfectly satisfactory (except for the fact that it occupies a port.

I recently acquired an 11" MB Air for travel. In view of the scant port situation, and wanting to avoid a "I forgot the mouse" situation, a bluetooth mouse seemed a logical choice. A little searching revealed a litany of complaints about difficulty in pairing, dropped connections etc. Nevertheless, I decided to try one. I bought a Logitech M535.

It paired immediately and functioned perfectly. Out of curiosity, I tried it on my MBP. Again, pairing was quick and, while this is purely subjective, it seemed to be quicker and more accurate than the USB unit.

Disclaimer: the only other active bluetooth device in the vicinity is my cell phone and that is paired only to my car. There is dual band wireless internet connection operating on the 2.4Ghz band.

Reactions: Sanpete

erichui84

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2016
I believe that most people wouldn't post anything about their mouse (or even macbook pro) if it is working perfectly fine, meaning most of the time you will only see people complaining about things not working.

Sometimes people genuinely post about how they like their purchase and others would post negative comment about how they are trying to justify their purchases etc.

Now back to your topic. I am actually thinking if I should get a mouse too. I used a Magic Mouse before (a friend gave it to me for free) and I never liked it, it feels too "sharp" for my hands and sometimes it hurts after using it for a while.

The moues has actually died now and I haven't got any mouse to use for my Macbook Pro at the moment.

I do think I will buy 1 eventually but so far I have been quiet happy with using the trackpad on the Macbook Pro.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
I've been using a mouse with my MBA '13 ever since I bought it a couple of years ago. My MBA has 2 USB ports so one is for a wireless dongle for the Logitech mouse. The main reason I use a mouse is that I rest my palms on the trackpad and I find the mouse pointer going to "timbactu". The only way to avoid this happening is to go into Settings/Accessibilty/Mouse and Trackpad and check "ignore trackpad...".

Note: At least on my MBA running 10.12.3 I have to do this every time I reboot the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.