A big big question!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Riddler, Aug 4, 2014.

1. The Riddler macrumors newbie

Right, last May I posted on the forum because I had started getting problems with my Macbook.

[​IMG]

This.
    and I haven't used it since due to the fact that I wasn't under warranty nor did I have the money to have it fixed. I also heard sometime last year that all the early versions of Macbook Pro 11's had the same problem but I don't know, it was a long time ago. Could anyone on this forum give a direction on what I should REALLY do, I haven't used the Macboook since last May so it's been a great long time on this Windows PC. I would love to start using it again, it's just spoil with the graphical error.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're seeing artifacts and other graphical anomalies, then its probably the GPU. The 2011 MBPs with discrete GPUs are having issues. Apple has not released any information or any mentioned about a potential extension to your warranty or repair program.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

I did have a similar graphics problem on my brand new rmbp and also a while back on another mac.

I contacted apple support and they gave their usual advice:
    Reset pram, repair disk permissions and then I reinstalled the OS.

It worked!

Give that a try and if that doesnt work just give it a slap with your flat palm.
    Not too hard , but just right. Thats what Id do. Hitting stuff can work wonders :D <-- no joke! Seriously!

4. The Riddler thread starter macrumors newbie

I think i'll give this a go once I get my new MBP charger. Hahaha!

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Seems that most people that post here have a BIG BIG QUESTION. Could you imagine if everyone titled their posts that way?