A BIG Favour For RMBP Owners!...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sahib90, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Sahib90 macrumors newbie

I will soon too become a RMBP owner due to the long delivery date from Apple (As everyone would know). However, the past few days I have really become active in this forum and have found out that many people are cancelling RMBP orders due to the retina compatability and purchasing the high end spec of the normal MBP.

Now a small request for RMBP owners...*drum rolls*

Could anyone with an Retina Display MacBook Pro upload screenshots, yes screenshot from within the XOS (rather than using an external camera or phone) and show how the retina display 'displays' non retina softwara such as Adobe, Mircosoft and any others you can think off.

A small request and a BIG thank you in advance to all those who can help.

(the only reason for this request is that I too may cancel and re-order the high spec normal MBP. However, an decision like this should not be rushed ;)

2. trollbert macrumors newbie

What's the point if you're looking at it on your normal screen? You won't be able to see how it looks.

3. QuarterSwede, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You can still till clarity differences though. I've seen some of the screenshots and it's immediately apparent how clear things could be without seeing it on a higher DPI screen. You'd also be able to tell what will look like crap (non updated apps and assets) and how much you could fit on a screen (especially with hacks that allow you to use a 1:1 pixel ratio).

OP, Google "retina macbook screenshot" then filter by 2880x1800

4. Sahib90 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. mojo8472 macrumors member

Here's one with Photoshop CS6, don't have Aperture I'm afraid.

The source image of Saturn is this

6. mattonthemoon macrumors regular

mattonthemoon

Please beware: Once you go retina, you cannot go back! It's that awesome!

7. Nick412 macrumors member

I don't get why everyone is canceling their orders just because of 3rd party apps not being up to date yet. Soon all these popular apps will be retina optimized.

8. TatsuTerror macrumors regular

Here's Aperture. The upload to the web sort of butchered it, but I assure you it's extremely crisp.

My advice to you is to keep your RMBP order. It's a beautiful machine and the apps will catch up. No question.

9. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

10. RealEyes macrumors regular

How is mission control, fullscreen and workspace switching animations? Anything step at all? Stepping/Skipping/Glitches/Lag at all?

Let's see some FPS tests like Anand's review!

11. Greg M macrumors 6502

You really can't see anything with screen shots. Microsoft word looks horrible! You can set the screen to 2880x1800 and deal with tiny menus but crisp text or you can live with the fuzzes.

I chose to install libreOffice which has crisp text.

My Logos Bible software program looked great except for the books. They looked terrible, basically unusable. Yesterday Logos came out with an RC for their next update that fixed the fuzzes.

The programs that look bad, really look bad especially when viewed next to the items that look great.

I thought my MBA had a nice sharp screen. That was until I sat it next to the retina with the same items on the screen. Now my MBA looks soft.

You'll see.

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

And even though they look blocky they still look better on that screen than on a lower DPI screen.

13. Greg M macrumors 6502

Sorry but you're dead wrong! Some apps look better than others but they certainly don't look better than on a regular screen.

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

They do to me side by side at least. The RMBP screen looks better in every app.

15. lummers13 macrumors newbie

thanks mojo8472 for the screenshots!

On my old 2006 MBP i can see a difference in apps that have been updated and those that haven't.

I can definitely agree with mattonthemoon. I'll happily drink the kool-aid and never look back lol

16. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

As others have said, keep your order. RMBP is the best notebook available atm. It's display is beautiful, the machine is fast, and if very well built. I love it.

17. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed