iPhone A big mistake!!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by splash104, May 6, 2013.

1. splash104 macrumors newbie

OK. Before now, I had jailbroken my iOS (6.1.2) and was going fine until without giving any thoughts, I hit the update button in the iTunes (6.1.4). And since then, my iphone 5 is stuck on the itunes logo and the connector. The iTunes has stopped recognising my device and giving error of connection timed out. I NEED HELP HERE !!

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Yikes, there goes your jailbreak.

Put it into DFU mode. iTunes should then recognize your device and proceed to restore to the latest firmware.

3. splash104 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have put it in DFU mode (iTunes logo with connector) but the itunes is still not recognising my device nor giving any alerts. I only hear the connect/disconnect sounds when I connect the device to my computer!

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

DFU mode is when the screen is completely black. You are in recovery mode and that it not what you want to be in to restore

5. splash104 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right. So how do I go from recovery mode to DFU mode? As the process mentioned is for going into DFU mode from normal shutting down of the phone.

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Look up some YouTube videos and follow their instructions

7. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Yep! If it's hard to follow instructions on some articles etc, I also follow youtube videos. It helps a lot :)