A bit confused about the options...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by highasakuyt, Sep 8, 2011.

  1. highasakuyt macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2011
    #1
    Hi Guys,

    I'm Mark and i'm new to these forums! I have a few questions about what MBP I should purchase and what options to go for. Everyone here seems really nice and informative so I thought i'd ask your opinions.

    Now I want the 15 inch screen over the 13 as I'll be watching a lot of HD movies and I don't have an external monitor. I think the 17 inch is a bit of an overkill though and it's quite heavier. I've decided to go for the 6750M 1GB video card as i'll be buying a lot of games in the future as I don't have a games console any more. I also think 4GB will be enough RAM (I won't be doing any heavy duty processing apart from games and HD video watching but correct me if i'm wrong)

    I'm very intrigued by the 128GB SSD option, Is it worth the extra £80 as I have a 2TB external HDD? I've heard it's the best upgrade you can perform on your computer! and will the Hi Res screen option be worth another £80 seen as it'll be my only display?

    Thanks for any opinions or ideas :)

    Mark
     
  2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 27, 2009
    Location:
    FL
    #2
    Always put the money into things you can't change once you get your MBP. The hi-res screen is one thing you can't change and is definitely worth it.

    You can always upgrade the RAM to 8gb for pretty cheap and you can always upgrade the hard drive to a SSD at a later date.
     
  3. Trentolol macrumors member

    Trentolol

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2011
    Location:
    Right here
    #3
    I would recommend the SSD. For 80, its way below market price and you already have an external drive so you are all set there!
     
  4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Location:
    Terra
    #4
    +1

    I'd also recommend the non-glare screen as the colors are more accurate. The glossy screens are over saturated.

    If you're unsure about the SSD, I would wait. They're constantly coming down in price. I highly recommend, however, going with the 7200 rpm 500 GB drive instead of the 5400 rpm 750 GB drive. There's no difference in price, and you already have 2 TB external storage so space really shouldn't be an issue.
     

Share This Page