A bit of a dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mrmullad, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Mrmullad macrumors member

Mrmullad

Hi all
    I hope someone can help me.
    Let me explain my 2009 c class has standard radio/cd with Bluetooth and it works great BUT
    To be totally hands free (and legal) I do not want to have to press home button to activate Siri.
    In my workshop as I do a very dirty and dusty job,so I don't get my iPhone 6 dirty I use a device called a plantronic K100 5 years old and I can activate Siri to call any no in my phone send a text or email.
    I don't want to do that in car just activate Siri to make a call or read a text I have looked at a satechi home button but from what I have seen on internet it doesn't play with IOS 10 any body got any suggestions ?
    Thanks in advance Dell

2. gatorknight904, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017

gatorknight904 macrumors 6502

gatorknight904

You could always turn your radio/music volume down and use the "Hey Siri" option to activate siri totally hands free. Since you have an iPhone 6 your phone needs to plugged into a power source like your car charger to work.

Say, "Hey Siri"
    You can use Siri without pressing the Home button. First, make sure that "Hey Siri" is on under Settings > Siri > Allow "Hey Siri." Then say "Hey Siri" and ask your question. For example, you can say "Hey Siri, how's the weather?"

If you have an iPhone 6s or later, or an iPad Pro (9.7-inch) you can use "Hey Siri" whenever you want. If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, or another iPad or iPod touch model, you need to plug your device into power first.

http://www.imore.com/how-to-set-up-hey-siri-iphone-ipad

3. Mrmullad thread starter macrumors member

Mrmullad

Thanks for the reply but to activate Siri using hey Siri I have to shout that loud it frightens people in car behind but once activated I can talk normally.
    Dell

4. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502

gatorknight904

Not sure why you have to shout. I simply turn my music down using the volume button on my steering wheel, say "Hey Siri" in a normal tone and it activates. No yelling needed.

If you have to yell, your phone may not be operating properly.

Good Luck!