A bit of give on the iPhone 4 vibrate switch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jul 30, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

seems like my iphone 4 vibrate switch can show a bit of the red vibrate stuff if i slightly move the vibrate switch to the left with my thumb (ever so slightly, not enough force to move it to vibrate mode) making the vibrate switch look kind of crooked.

i hope it doesnt break off but i guess ill cross that bridge when i need to.

compared it to a family member's iphone 4, her's does the same thing but mine has more give. Also, her vibrate switch seems slightly stiffer which I attribute to different builds.

But what do you think? Can you replicate the same and get the vibrate knob to slide and give a little if you add subtle, slow force to it, making it crooked?

I wondered why sometimes my vibrate switch looks like its crooked and other times it doesnt. I also have ocd with electronics so that may be the problem :p

2. manhole1 macrumors newbie

I'm on my 3rd iphone due to the proximity sensor problem. I've decided to hang onto this third phone to see if apple will release a software fix for the issue. All three phones have had the PS issue. I'm also having an issue with the vibrate switch on this one. If I dont push it up/down very carefully it switches crookedly. The first two phones did not have this issue.

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Very interesting. yeah the proximity sensor issue is an annoying one :(

I wonder if this vibrate switch thing is anything to be worried about.

4. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Seems my mom's iPhone 4 does something similar although not as much give (but pretty close), and my dad's iPhone 4 does it but it's a little stiffer.

So out of all three, they all do it. But mine the most. I guess it's not a cause of concern-- but on mine I can do it easily. Hmmm hopefully it won't be problematic down the road.