Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashenfang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
For those of you out there checking your order status and it shows a different deliver by date than you email confirmation -

I waited on hold for 45 minutes to speak with a VZW rep to ask about this and few other questions I had about my orders.

Verizon is currently under high stress load from pre-orders, because of this, deliver by dates may not be accurate. The system is utilizing a pre-set que based on order quantities to determine the deliver by date. As the orders calm down, the system will re-assess the amount of pre-orders, when the orders were placed, and the amount of available stock. This will also be compared to any "canceled" pre-orders that take place between now and 9/17. Any early pre-orders that were placed and then canceled will be filled by those further down the line. So if you have a deliver by date of 10/7, its possible that your device will show up on 9/19. This also holds true for order confirmations showing a deliver by date of 9/19 but order status on VZW shows as 10/7. Again, the system is adjusting.

pazzo83

macrumors regular
May 24, 2007
For those of you out there checking your order status and it shows a different deliver by date than you email confirmation -

I waited on hold for 45 minutes to speak with a VZW rep to ask about this and few other questions I had about my orders.

Verizon is currently under high stress load from pre-orders, because of this, deliver by dates may not be accurate. The system is utilizing a pre-set que based on order quantities to determine the deliver by date. As the orders calm down, the system will re-assess the amount of pre-orders, when the orders were placed, and the amount of available stock. This will also be compared to any "canceled" pre-orders that take place between now and 9/17. Any early pre-orders that were placed and then canceled will be filled by those further down the line. So if you have a deliver by date of 10/7, its possible that your device will show up on 9/19. This also holds true for order confirmations showing a deliver by date of 9/19 but order status on VZW shows as 10/7. Again, the system is adjusting.

Hopefully the same is true with AT&T. Seems some people who literally must have been some of the first orders (I saw some people claiming they got their orders in at around 2:55am EDT) are seeing ship dates into November.

ashenfang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Verizon is up to November on some models as well. Its obviously a high demand phone. Although, it will be interesting to see how delivery dates get adjusted as pre-orders are canceled.

One way to tell if your order will be shipped earlier than expected is to watch your charge card. She confirmed that the order initially charges $1.00 (which I could see on my discover card) and then actually charges the full amount the day it processes and ships.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
It's like this every year. The shipping dates are always subject to change. I actually thought this year was bettter then previous. Well once I could actually get in I got errors for about 2.5 hours but after that the process was smoother. It was easier to edit the billing and shipping address then in the past.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Went through the same thing with iPhone 5. As time went on (the first week) shipping dates actually improved. Then like a week later they got really bad as the supply started to dry up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.