A bit of praise for Anker...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hakr100, Jan 7, 2014.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

We always hear about companies that have done us wrong, so I thought I'd give a plug to a company that is doing us right.

Last week I ordered an Anker USB 3.0 hub through Amazon. No problems there...the device arrived. But one of its features was not working properly.

So I called Anker this morning, a really nice young lady (I'm guessing about the young part) answered, asked me to explain what the problem was and immediately said she would ship me a new unit right away and email me a label to return the "broken" unit.

For the youngsters among us, this is the way things used to be, i.e., the customer is right and companies do what they can to keep it that way. Too many companies these days make you jump through too many hoops when you have a question or a defective product.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Glad to hear a great experience. New customer service standards are terrible with many companies, but some have stayed great. It is always good to hear a corporation spoken of in a good way on any forum!

3. whitete macrumors member

I've had similar experiences with Anker. They have great products and awesome customer service.

4. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Yeah, they call it advertising.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

At least he is coming on here and voluntarily writing about the service he received. Sometimes the cheapest advertising (free) is the best advertising.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

The customer is not always right and that is why it has changed. People have used the customer is always right argument as a way to manipulate and deceive to get what they want from companies.

7. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

So when someone says something laudatory about a company or a product...that's advertising.

But when the usual griping, whining, and derogatory posts go up about a company or product...that's TRUTH.

Interesting Catch 22...:rolleyes:

8. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Is it the opposite?

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say good reviews, advertising is more of directed marketing approach brought about by the company.

Given the nature of forums, we tend to only hear the negative side of things, so its nice to see the OP have a positive review here in the forums

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

The post seems to suggest that a positive review can have only one purpose...to advertise and, by definition, sell a product.

(Emphasis added)

When I do a positive review, it's because I like the product and want to inform others of my opinion of the product. Whether anyone else buys it is of no concern to me. I gain no profit if someone buys a product to which I give a positive review.

The intent of advertising (definition above) is to induce the reader to buy the product...which is not the purpose of my reviews.

Again, by the logic of your posts...only negative reviews are to be believed, and positive reviews are intended to produce an outcome, not to simply inform.

Ergo...only negative reviews are to be believed.

11. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Wow, so cynical.

I must be a dupe because I believe this is an actual comment of praise by a satisfied customer.

Then again, you could be right and the 700+ other totally unrelated posts the OP made over the last 3 years here could have all been an elaborate ruse leading up to this.

12. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

In all honesty, word of mouth is the best advertisement a company could ask for. They could put on the best TV commercials, radio ads, and newspaper circulars but if the service or product was not up to standards, it would be well known.

It seems as though forums are flooded with people who solely complain rather then spread good about companies that do them good. It is quite refreshing to see a post like this.

13. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

They don't. They call it brand advocacy which is a far more powerful thing.