A bit worried about ATT store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kovalchuk71, Jul 10, 2008.

1. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

So I went into the ATT store and asked about the phones. The guy I was talking to said they were "expecting" all the different models of the iphone. I asked him how many they had in stock and he had no clue. It seemed as If they hadnt even received them yet. Is he just BSing me or have they really not gotten the shipment in? The Apple store near me is 25 mintues from the ATT store, so Im not which to go to now. :confused:

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

They have them, he cant tell you. That way he can try to sucker you into ordering one tomorrow if they run out.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

My AT&T store wouldn't tell me how many they got in stock either, but when I asked if they thought they would sell out the sales lady said "yes" so I dunno.

I think they are not supposed to say how many they have in stock but some reps are telling people "We have 40 in stock" "We have a 100" etc.

4. PrinceOfEgypt macrumors member

as a general rule, apple stores will have more stock than AT&T - so if you CAN go to the Apple store, it's always better to do so.

5. mark34 macrumors 6502a

Really? though I guess the counter is that most reasonable sized cities will have dozens of AT&T stores and only one or two Apple stores

6. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I just went to two AT&T stores to ask. One told me he had no clue, the other said 50-100 but couldn't give me a breakdown.

7. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

If they run out, they will get more...They need YOU, you dont need THEM!!
    :apple:

8. SChaput macrumors regular

my near by att store sales rep told me that there shipment hadn't come in yet but it was scheduled for tonight. He also told me t deleviys hat he believed they would have plenty and if not they were also scheduled for deliveries on Saturday.

9. psymac macrumors 6502

My nearby ATT said they have 50 total, suggested I wait until next week, as they will be getting daily deliveries.

10. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Of course they aren't going to tell you. If I wanted to rob an ATT store, the first thing I would do would be walk in and ask how many they have. They aren't going to give out how many they have, its like telling the world how much money they have in the cash register.

11. jlwilsonjr macrumors member

Same for me went to 2 stores today one told me that they had not received there shipment in and had no idea how many they would get could be 2 or 200.

The other told me 40........

12. anthonyb macrumors member

I have word from a very reliable source that the majority of stores will have 20 or less in stock.

I know this sounds crazy, but its true.

13. kmay37 macrumors member

I called my att store and asked how many they had in, she said "I have no clue" But all the attention it is getting today on a LOT of websites has me thinking I am going to be getting to the store earlier than I thought just yesterday.

14. taibant macrumors member

went to my local att store in ocala fl and they wouldnt tell me exact but the asst manager said they had less than 40 :(

she also said that a few people said they will be lining up at midnight!

ahh i dont want to have to camp out for this but i really want one:mad:

15. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I spoke to the store rep today and they said they got 75 iPhones in today. She had also mentioned that last year's release, they had 125 and they sold out in 45 minutes.

I will be there at 2AM instead of 3AM just to be sure.

16. kmay37 macrumors member

Just went by my att store and no one was camped out. I asked the guy when a good time to show up was he said like 4-5...but i will take that with a grain of salt....but still i am a lot more worried about getting one now that it is getting closer..and i want a black 16G. Looks like I will be getting little sleep tonight...

17. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I think regardless I have to wake up, I will be getting little sleep..

its like when you were a kid and you cant wait til the morning because your going camping...

18. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Most of the ATT stores are getting shipments tonight.....Also, they really wont tell u how many they have because of security reasons and whatnot. Most stores are supposed to have an average of 40 phones.

19. anthonyb macrumors member

Something else to mention.

I have also found out that when stocks at AT&T stores run out, they are electronically reordered and shipped overnight for store opening the following day.

20. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

I know this probably isn't the correct forum, but how early are you guys planning on showing up? I'm probably gonna come an hour early...there's no chance they run out before me, right???

And btw, both the apple and att stores are within 20 mins from my house so I guess I should go with apple, right?

21. anthonyb macrumors member

go to the apple store.. 3-4 hours early you got a good chance.. 5-8 and you have a phone. check around there are threads on these topics

22. zildjianfan macrumors regular

My AT&T store gave me a firm "if I knew I couldn't tell you." Whoops :rolleyes:

23. mac jones macrumors 68040

if your at all antisocial... :D

wait a few hours until all the lunatics have theirs and then call and see what stores still have stock.

Then just walk in/out

at the first launch i walked right up to the Apple store counter at around 8pm (6pm launch)

I don't imagine this will be a greater turn-out than the initial launch.

But i've been wrong before :)

24. kovalchuk71 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I was talking to the ATT guy for a good 25 minutes and he told me under his breath that they had a good 2 cases of each color and model. :D