A Bluetooth mouse other than Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by paulobrad, Aug 17, 2007.

1. paulobrad macrumors regular

Can anyone recommend any other wireless bluetooth mice for my MacBook other than Apple's own mighty mouse? Not too sure if I'm totally enamoured with the touch sensitivity of it.

Cheers.

2. johneymac macrumors newbie

The Logitech V270 is excellent. I have used it with MacBooks, MacBook Pros and even iMacs. Works great on all. Just as good as the Apple Mighty Mouse or better! I would say better!

3. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

I have never used it, but I think the Radtech BT600 (or actually any of these mice) looks pretty nice: http://www.radtech.us/Products/BluetoothMice.aspx

I've Googled for reviews, and they've been pretty positive. I'll probably get one myself when I have the money. (My current mouse is an huge-dongle 5-button RF wireless mouse, but with the new MacBook I plan on getting, I'd prefer Bluetooth. I would get the Mighty Mouse, but aside from mixed reviews, I'm not sure I can live without my precious fifth button--I have the two extra buttons programmed for Expose.)

4. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

I use the Logitech MX Revolution with both my Mac Pro and my MacBook Pro. Great mouse. There are some reviews of it in this forum if you run a search.

5. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

BT600 is terrible. The connection is horrible and the mouse feels so cheap. The side buttons are loud and sound like a toy snapping into place. The top of the mouse has an ugly, cheap plastic texture on it. Aside from the side buttons feeling cheap, you have to push them in a specific spot for them to actually work.

Don't get the BT600, you'll be disappointed. I tried both the BT600, and the Mighty Mouse. I finally ended up with a dongle-wireless mouse from Logitech. Whatever, at least I know it works.

6. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Hmm, thanks for your advice! I can't find any other five-button Bluetooth mice, so I guess a dongle might be my best option (unless I can get used to one less button on the Mighty Mouse--and mixed reviews, at that).

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I'd say don't get so hung up on Bluetooth and take a look at the Logitech Revolution VX. This is hands-down the best notebook-friendly wireless mouse that I've had so far. The receiver fits inside the mouse, and turns the mouse off when you put it in.

8. l33r0y macrumors 6502

9. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

not bluetooth however

10. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

But you still have to use a USB port off your mac right?

11. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

yes, I have to say that I much prefer the ease of bluetooth

12. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Yeah. Honestly though it's no biggie for me. I use it with the Macbook Pros, the VAIOs and the Latitudes/XPS's. The available BT mice just don't feel as nice in use or work as well as the Rev. VX's. The mouse is compact, takes just one AA and lasts for a reasonable time, and is really well thought out.

13. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

which is why i use the BT mighty mouse :)

14. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Same here... bidding on one on eBay, will post results.

I have the BT-600 and I pretty much agree it's cheap feeling (but not costing). I do get good smooth tracking with it though, but the feel of the click for the buttons (ESPECIALLY the side buttons) is not pleasant. :(

15. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

not bluetooth. and i hated it. sold mine and moved back to wireless mighty mouse.

16. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I found the MX pretty hopeless on Macs in general. Works a lot better on PC's. The VX however is great.

17. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/152&cl=us,en

I love this mouse, I even use it over the might mouse most of the time. It is a great gaming mouse, and it's relatively cheap. I have also had it for all most two years and have only had to change the batteries twice!

The only downside is that you have a wireless usb card.. which kind of sucks, but saves battery if you pull the thing out after use and connection time is halved compared to bluetooth.

Side note: I also use it to game, and it is amazing, and very sturdy. I used to be a baseball pitcher (average not anything special) but I threw this thing as hard as i could once, after getting totally own in HL2 death match and the mouse wasn't at all affected. I have pics of the hole in the wall and my mouse.. but yeah i would recommend this haha.

18. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I did the exact same thing. Haven't sold it yet but hated the MX. The scroll wheel constantly switched between modes and was impossible to scroll when in it's "free rolling" mode. Buttons for the Mac are hardly configurable. I went back to wireless mighty mouse and everything is good again.

19. Epiglottis macrumors newbie

Hey Guys could you recommend me any 4 buttons mouse, 2 regular buttons (left and right click) plus click-wheel for dashboard and 4th button to show 'all windows'. There are some of logitech and microsoft mouses that have extra buttons but I don't know if there is a possibility to program them as an extra button. Thanks for any advice.

20. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

The Sony Vaio BT Mouse is the best I ever owned. It's accurate, very smooth, works flawlessly and the batteries last about 3 months.

21. powz macrumors regular

I've tried both the BT v270 mouse and the VX revolution. I have to say the VX rev. has a lot better feel and functionality (more buttons) than the v270. Also, it's lighter so it's easier to move around and has better tracking (laser vs. optical). Since they cost about the same, I'd definitely get the VX rev. Only downside, of course, is that it's not BT...but being able to store the usb receiver in the mouse is a plus.

22. gadgetmacfreak macrumors member

I have this mouse -- i really like the performance and how easy it is to recharge. However, altough it is Bluetooth, I was unable to get it to work with the MBP bluetooth, so I ended up using the included dongle. There is a thread on Amazon where some people were able to get it to work, but not me. i haven't checked to see if there were updated drivers lately.