Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hallex

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Jiangsu,China
Iphone 4s,running ios 7 b4.

After i switched off the keyboard clicks sound, i still heard sounds when i clicked the numeric keyboard to make a phone call.

Who can tell me how to fix this bug.:confused:

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Are you serious... Obviously when your tryna make a call or use the phone app and enter the phone number to dial of course it's gonna make the sounds

hallex

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Jiangsu,China
Are you serious... Obviously when your tryna make a call or use the phone app and enter the phone number to dial of course it's gonna make the sounds

I'm sorry if i made a mistake...i just remember that on ios 6 and its earlier version OS i had always heard nothing when i dialed to make phone calls... So confused now,:apple:

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
I'm sorry if i made a mistake...i just remember that i had always heard nothing when i dialed to make phone calls... So confused now,:apple:

Have you had your iPhone on silent and the phone app dial sound has always been there though

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
You must have had your iPhone on silent cause when I put it on silent I can't hard no dial key sounds

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
You sure you didn't have the silent/mute on the side of your iPhone on because with it on it silents your notification sounds, ringtones and phone app dial sounds

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The sound of keypad dial is connected to the ringer sound--if you have the ringer sound turned off (via the mute switch, for example) then there will be no dial sound either, and if you have the ringer sound turned on but set to the lowest setting for example, then you'll have a very low dial sound as well. This is how it has been before and how it still seems to be now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.