A bumper is not the solution

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacCommander, Jul 15, 2010.

1. MacCommander macrumors newbie

One of the reasons people get iphones is because they look slick and better than the rest of the phones out there. A bumper would just ruin it.

2. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Thank you for sharing. I actually like the way the bumper looks!

3. tpabrad macrumors regular

Personally, I have to have a case for my phone or it just wont last long. From what it seems most if not all cases resolve the issue. My current case is scuffed up beyond belief and has protected my phone admirably from the daily beatings i put it up against. Without a doubt its hurts to cover up such a pretty phone.

4. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

You should of called this thread
    "A bumper is not the solution for me"

Even if the iPhone4 did not have the antenna problem, I would still have a case/bumper. Easier to grip and does not slide all over the place in my car.

Right now I just have a cheap $5 case and waiting for the iSkin one to come out. Sweet Case.

5. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

The bumper is very stylish and slick. It flows well with the device and I was surprised how good it looks.

6. quotison macrumors member

I'm always so surprised to see how important not having a case apparently is, since ~75% of iPhones I actually see have cases on them.

7. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

i think the bumper looks good to be honest, it gives you the chance to make the iphone a little bit more personal whilst still seeing the actual phone itself. looking foreward to get my sky blue one.

8. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Isn't it cool how 2 million iPhone 4 users feel and think exactly alike? I wasn't even aware of this until now, I thought the bumper was good, but now I know better!

9. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I bought a black bumper, but I'm going to return it. It looks good on the phone, but it gets in the way of the phone's design.

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

[​IMG]

11. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

If a bumper isn't the solution then how about...

R-E-T-U-R-N
    T-H-E
    P-H-O-N-E

... because those are the only two choices Apple is going to offer no matter how many times people scream class action lawsuit.

12. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

And while we're at it, let's clear this up.

It's not a bumper. They are bumpers.

As in -

"I put the Apple Bumpers on my iPhone, and now it looks great and works even better!"

13. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i like it. it is such a tight fit and covers everything perfect. it looks like it's part of the phone. i even showed it to my bro and he asked where the case was:p. also fixes the d-grip

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

How original! You must be the first person on this forum to have that thought! :rolleyes:

15. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

So you ascribe to the Fernando school that it is better too LOOK good than to FEEL good, or WORK well.
    [​IMG]

16. VTAb182 macrumors regular

No one said a bumper is THE solution. It's A solution. There are plenty of other solutions out there for you (get another other phone, regular case that will actually protect your phone, non-conductive coating, or hold it differently to name a few)

17. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

If you want to run bareback, then the bUmPeR is not your solution.

18. intervenient macrumors 6502a

Thanks for telling us. Do you think they'll make one for the iTouch anytime soon? ;)

19. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

20. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I love the way the bumper looks on my phone!

21. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Wow, thanks, I always wondered what a fandroid fanbot would think about the bumpers, I was just dying to know. It's so significant to my life to know the opinion of someone who has never owned an Apple product and will never own an Apple product.

BTW I have no antenna problem with or without a bumper but I choose to use my bumper. The phone looks better, feels better, and the bumper has major "stopping power". You can push the phone across a table without the bumper, but with the bumper on the thing doesn't move. It will save your phone one day.