A calendar editable by everyone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fzang, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

Is there any kind of calendar service that my department can use without signing up for any service (such as Google or Microsoft), i.e. you only need the calendar link and then you can edit freely from inside your own calendar application (such as Apple Calendar or Outlook).

People around here use their department emails, Gmails, Outlook and a lot of scattered services, and are not keen on tech/adapting.

I found a service called Teamup Calendar which is almost what I want. It's possible to subscribe to the calendar for everybody, however, events can only be edited from the web interface.

Any ideas?

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Your requirements seem to perfectly rule out just about any option I've ever come across :D

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

4. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Google Apps for businesses does exactly that. Internal, centralized service. It's $5 a user per month.

5. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Like I said ... :D

6. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Without signing up to any service would infer a intranet workaround which simply doesn't exist in any business suite of software. There is the Zoho Group Calendar plugin, but the last time I tried it was a half-baked cocky mess of a plugin.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Also, how many people are in your group? Is this for a group of four or 400?