Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Is this ghosting normal? Should I learn to live with it?

Apparently, the U2713H is infamous of this. So, I don't know, if I return this monitor, if the ghosting issue with the next monitor will be any better. Otherwise, the screen is near perfect. No dead pixels, minimal IPS glow and the uniformity to my naked untrained eye looks fine.

The only thing is the multicolored "ghosts!"

And, oh! The built-in USB hub, while it works, creates a high pitched sound when it is in use. So, I decided to not use it since I have another USB hub.

Did I just get a dud, in terms of, the ghosting issue? The store only has 1 left. So, if I return this one, I don't know, if that one will be any better, or worse. And, if it is worse, then I'll have to either get a refund, or, get the monitor I returned previously.....

I paid $399 plus tax for it. So, it was half of the price. And, is why I decided to jump on it. But, of course, the "ghosts!"

This is my first WQHD monitor. And, my first "wide-gamut" monitor. I've used it in photoshop and sketchbook pro, and FCP X to edit the video below and is fine. In this, kind of, usage, the ghosting issue in nonexistent. So, what would you do? Specifically, to other U2713H owners, is this normal?

Here is the video:

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I'm closing this thread.

I guess the reverse ghosting issue is something that is inherent in this model. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. I guess I was alarmed since I didn't know if this was a defect or just the way it it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.