A case for someone that has never broken an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DELTAsnake, Oct 15, 2011.

1. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

I have never broken an iPhone, not one piece of glass broken. I use a hard clear case from the Bumper Program for my iPhone 4 and never had a case on my 3G and 3GS I keep thinking the Otterbox's are overkill for me and cover up the beautiful design. Would a bumper be enough to protect my 4S incase of maybe one or two drops over the year I will be using the 4S?

2. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Sounds like you don't need any major protection. For me, the perfect case isn't a case at all, but just a screen protector kit. However, if you want a cheap case I'd check out this one from Monoprice. Their prices are pretty much unbeatable.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

That's an impossible question to answer. Are you thinking that your drops will somehow cause lesser damage? Each drop is different and there are no guarantees. Number of anticipated drops doesn't mean anything.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

5. Toccata81 macrumors member

I was wondering about this too. The iPhone 4/4S is mostly that scratchless glass on the outside, right?

I don't want it to get scuffed from being in and out of pockets and stuff. But it seems to be the reflective metal on other iDevices that gets scuffed, not the glass.

I don't want to add a case if the case is going to get scuffed, plus any case, even a bumper, in my opinion, makes the iphone look cheap.

Respond to this if you think the iPhone doesn't need protectors or if you have been using your iPhone 4 unprotected and found that it remains good as new. I would like to know.

6. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

I kinda wanna grab a book book case. Wish I could find one local though.

7. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

Most of the bumpers out there seem to scratch the finish on the antenna band (most notably the apple bumper) and yes I agree it makes it look cheap. The Graft is the only reasonably priced one that doesn't (Draco, Vapor be damned), but it has its own "scratch" problems right now in addition to the white color scuffing far too easily.

8. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

I've never dropped or broken my iPhone before either but that doesn't mean it wont happen in the future. Accidents do happen. Better to be prepared :)