Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
The iPhone 13 is a very, very sturdy phone, and I’ve played with the idea (from time to time) of going case free. But there’s one thing: The glass backed Eye Phones (my current 13 and my old 8 Plus) are **slippery** when you put them on the arm of the chair or on yer lap, and they always start to slide off. Drives a person crazy! So I’ve been keeping a case on the 13 just because it likes to ski down the mountain. It’s like an ice cube. Am I alone?

I had an aluminum-backed Eye Phone SE (2016 - the good one) and I currently have an aluminum back iPad Air and neither one of them slip & slide.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Try an aramid fiber case like Pitaka. About the thinnest you can go without it being a skin, it's very tough for the thinness because of the aramid fiber and it has that soft touch coating that won't make it slip around like a caseless phone.

Basically, if you don't drop your smartphones a lot, it would be VERY worth it in terms of premium feel, looks and function and protection from scuffs and dings, get a Pitaka Air or MagEZ case

Reactions: Mark Stone

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I almost dropped my iPhone 12 on the ground at the T-Mobile store not even two minutes after getting it out of the box for the first time. Only got saved by being able to grab the cable before the phone hit the ground.🤦🏻‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.