A case similar to the smart case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Bleak, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Bleak macrumors member

Hey, I just got my new iPad 3 and I bought the smart case along with it thinking it would be awesome and well thought out. Turns out this thing is completely uncomfortable to hold with the sides all being very pointy. Does anyone know of any cases that are similar to the smart case (complete protection, with a 'smart cover' lid) that is more comfortable?

2. RenoG macrumors 65816

Steve would say that you're holding it wrong..:D

Meh just get some scissors and get with it....:p

Ok, ok seriously though from my understanding the smart cover and a ZUM SC ultimate for ipad 3 is the very best combo out right now...

3. Bleak thread starter macrumors member

Looking at it, it seems pretty sweet. However I can't seem to find where I could get one in Canada for the new iPad ;\

4. RenoG macrumors 65816

Can you do Amazon.com ? or will the price be too ridiculous.

To bad the smart case doesn't work for you, I really like mine..

5. Bleak, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

Bleak thread starter macrumors member

Amazon.com won't even ship to Canada as far as I can tell, and amazon.ca usually sucks balls in comparison.

So you don't mind holding the smart case like a book? That is the way I like to hold mine and it's really uncomfortable due to the sides being so pointy, I don't see why they couldn't have made them nice and curved :|

Edit: Right now I'm looking at http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-IPAD-...939880&sr=8-1&keywords=NEW+IPAD+SMART+FEATHER as an alternative to the Zum case... The reviews all seem positive considering the 1 star reviews are all from idiots who do not know how to read. Can anyone who had/has this case tell me what you thought of it?

Edit: I'm probably going to go with the speck smartshell, it seems like the best option considering amazon Canada actually has it.

6. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Yoobao iSlim or iSmart.

http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=146&m_id=200&a_id=576
    http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=146&m_id=200&a_id=575

7. RenoG macrumors 65816

8. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Love love my Incipio Smart Feather combined with Apple Smart Cover. I used the ZUM on my iPad 2, but now they dont offer any color choices so I went with the Incipio. Extremely pleased with it.

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Awesome combo! I got a new iPad last week and want a slick cover and back. This combo could be it. It's nice two have two difference pieces as opposed to a one piece folio set-up. Gives you more options. The Apple Smart case looks ok, but appears cheesy.

Does the Incipio dark gray match the Apple Smart cover dark gray color?