A case similar to the smart case

Bleak

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Hey, I just got my new iPad 3 and I bought the smart case along with it thinking it would be awesome and well thought out. Turns out this thing is completely uncomfortable to hold with the sides all being very pointy. Does anyone know of any cases that are similar to the smart case (complete protection, with a 'smart cover' lid) that is more comfortable?

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Hey, I just got my new iPad 3 and I bought the smart case along with it thinking it would be awesome and well thought out. Turns out this thing is completely uncomfortable to hold with the sides all being very pointy. Does anyone know of any cases that are similar to the smart case (complete protection, with a 'smart cover' lid) that is more comfortable?
Steve would say that you're holding it wrong..:D

Meh just get some scissors and get with it....:p

Ok, ok seriously though from my understanding the smart cover and a ZUM SC ultimate for ipad 3 is the very best combo out right now...

Bleak

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Steve would say that you're holding it wrong..:D

Meh just get some scissors and get with it....:p

Ok, ok seriously though from my understanding the smart cover and a ZUM SC ultimate for ipad 3 is the very best combo out right now...
Looking at it, it seems pretty sweet. However I can't seem to find where I could get one in Canada for the new iPad ;\

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Looking at it, it seems pretty sweet. However I can't seem to find where I could get one in Canada for the new iPad ;\
Can you do Amazon.com ? or will the price be too ridiculous.

To bad the smart case doesn't work for you, I really like mine..

Bleak

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Can you do Amazon.com ? or will the price be too ridiculous.

To bad the smart case doesn't work for you, I really like mine..
Amazon.com won't even ship to Canada as far as I can tell, and amazon.ca usually sucks balls in comparison.

So you don't mind holding the smart case like a book? That is the way I like to hold mine and it's really uncomfortable due to the sides being so pointy, I don't see why they couldn't have made them nice and curved :|

Edit: Right now I'm looking at http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-IPAD-255-Smart-Feather-Ultralight/dp/B007JGBF2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343939880&sr=8-1&keywords=NEW+IPAD+SMART+FEATHER as an alternative to the Zum case... The reviews all seem positive considering the 1 star reviews are all from idiots who do not know how to read. Can anyone who had/has this case tell me what you thought of it?

Edit: I'm probably going to go with the speck smartshell, it seems like the best option considering amazon Canada actually has it.

Last edited:

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Yoobao iSlim or iSmart.

http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=146&m_id=200&a_id=576
http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=146&m_id=200&a_id=575

Tikatika

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
Love love my Incipio Smart Feather combined with Apple Smart Cover. I used the ZUM on my iPad 2, but now they dont offer any color choices so I went with the Incipio. Extremely pleased with it.

walds11

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2010
Philly, PA
Awesome combo! I got a new iPad last week and want a slick cover and back. This combo could be it. It's nice two have two difference pieces as opposed to a one piece folio set-up. Gives you more options. The Apple Smart case looks ok, but appears cheesy.

Does the Incipio dark gray match the Apple Smart cover dark gray color?

Love love my Incipio Smart Feather combined with Apple Smart Cover. I used the ZUM on my iPad 2, but now they dont offer any color choices so I went with the Incipio. Extremely pleased with it.