A case that will keep my phone warm?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eclipse01, Sep 29, 2014.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

is there a case that exists that will maybe keep my phone warm? Reason I want this is because I set my old (4s) up to be a drop cam and it is placed out in my garage, this is all great in summer/fall but come Winter (being as I am located in WI) it gets pretty cold and as many of you know, the Iphone will shut down if it gets too cold.

any ideas?

2. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

3. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I'll be honest - this is the first time I've ever seen this. I don't know about you, but my phone heats up on its own!

4. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

oh as does mine, but having a phone in -30 degree temp i'm not so sure....

5. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

MN here - I'd guess if you had it plugged and charging, and doing some GPS location stuff with pics/video going on, you could probably do a McGuyver styrofoam cooler/old packaging sandwich around it, and not have a problem.

6. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Weird request, but I like it! :D

I would think any cheap silicone case would probably do a decent enough job of keeping the heat in so that it could keep itself warm. Search for "silicone case" for whatever model you have on either Amazon or Ebay. There are tons of cheap ones.

7. troop231 macrumors 603

Use a wool sock and make cut-outs for the various cameras & microphones you wish to use. :)