A case without wood...finally

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Jul 29, 2011.

1. glen e macrumors 68030

No idea who this is and I've never talked to them but proof of concept is here...a book case without the problems of wood, finish, etc-a plastic frame!

Somebody get one and see...I'm outta buying cases anymore....my last Treegloo is a keeper...

http://www.fieldfolio.com/products/ipad-2-folio-case

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Looks like a good case but they don't ship international. :(

3. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

May have jumped the gun...lower corner looks molded, side looks like wood grain.....well see....

4. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Nice find!

In the pic that shows the close up of the camera port, it looks like it is indeed some type of plastic. The other pics are too hard for me to discern. I'll try emailing them.

5. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

I received word from them (took less than two hours to reply to my email):

This case sounds like a win. The wood cases tend to have lots of problems, and we all know that plywood/bamboo simply won't hold up.

If anyone wants a book-style case, try these guys out!

6. FieldfolioAJN macrumors newbie

Hi RossMc - stay tuned on international shipping, we may well have it sorted by this time next week! Unlike a lot of others we wanted to do it properly (ie. take the same hit on shipping that we take for our US and Australian customers, and make up the difference with an international shipping charge), and that takes a little longer to arrange.

RadioGoober - thanks for the encouragement! We're pretty happy with what we've designed. Part of the point is to have a book-bound case that isn't just another clone of a Moleskine. We tried all sorts of materials but in the end the TPU was the winner - you can't beat it in terms of consistency, durability, looks, etc.

Look out for us in the press over the next few weeks. You guys have jumped the gun a bit as we're still flying low!

Thanks all,

Alistair
    Fieldfolio

7. King Julian, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

King Julian macrumors regular

It looks very slick, I would say they will be alot of interest. Customer service and the ability to meet demands will be key, oh and delivering to Europe at reason rates( under customs prying eyes)