A certain site never works on any browser (not the internet)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dude1212, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Dude1212 macrumors newbie

Ok so my last post was deleted for "advertising" so Im assuming I cant have links... There is this site I use all the time to watch TV and one day it just stopped loading for me. I know the site is still up because my friends still use it with no problem. I also know it isn't my internet because I have the same problem on my university wifi. I have tried 4 different browsers all with 0 luck. The only way to get the site to open is for me to reboot my MacBookPro in safe mode but I dont want to do this all the time. I am hoping someone can help me in fixing it so I can finally go back to this site :)
    Thanks for all your help!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

LittleSnitch Installed?
    TrendMicro Internet security or any other virus/internet security crap running on the Mac?
    Used MacKeeper or CleanMyMac which should be avoided.

Any files in:

/Library/LaunchAgents
    /Library/LaunchDaemons
    /Library/StartupItems

If yes what files?

3. Dude1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

No littleSnich but yes I had MacKeeper but I uninstalled it. I also have files in all of those areas.

/Library/LaunchAgents has:
    com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist
    com.adobe.CS5ServiceManager.plist
    com.parallels.desktop.launch.plist
    com.parallels.vm.prl_pcproxy.plist
    com.splashtop.streamer.SRServiceAgent.plist
    net.culater.SIMBL.Agent.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons has:
    com.adobe.fpsaud.plist
    com.adobe.SwitchBoard.plist
    com.apple.aelwriter.plist
    com.apple.qmaster.qmasterd.plist
    com.freemacsoft.appcleanerdaemon.plist
    com.logmein.hamachi.plist
    com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist
    com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon.plist
    com.splashtop.streamer.SRServiceDaemon.plist

/Library/StartupItems has:
    EyeConnect-->which has in it:
    EyeConnect
    Resources
    StartupParameters.plist

Thankyou for taking the time to help me! It is very appreciated!

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Green is Safe
    Blue Probably safe as well, you have streamer program installed.
    Red, get rid of programs to clean your Mac, you don't need them, delete this file as well.

You might have damaged your System with MacKeeper, and if this is the case I don't know what damage has been done.

You may try to Repair permissions but I think that's probably not going to work.

5. Dude1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sadly I did this and it did not work :( I also found another Library folder with just launch agent in my home folder. At one point I guess I did have CLeanmyMac because there were files in there. I cleared the folder and still no luck. Another program called macscan was also installed before so I erased that whole thing also. I am so mad that a program made to help me stay virus free has screwed me into not being able to go to one of my favourite sites.
    I would also just like to say to thank you very much justperry for all your help, you have been insanely kind to take the time to try to help me with this!

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

The problem is these programs are not needed at all in OS X, for information on Viruses on the mac read Mac Virus/Malware FAQ - Mac Guides

Mac OS X does not need maintenance, it has a few built in scripts which run daily,weekly and monthly.
    Defraging is also not needed on a Mac, OS X can handle it all.
    If you run into problems there are easier ways to solve problems like cleaning caches or repairing the disk and/or permissions.

But, right now this does not help you since the problem is still there.
    For now it is hard to say where the problem lies.

7. Dude1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

I used these programs to find a keylogger/rat that a website installed in my computer years ago when I played Runescape but now after not using the program for a good 3 years it suddenly starts happening
    :L

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Problems caused by Mackeeper can manifest themselves later too. It's a piece of junk and I really don't understand why people continue to insatll it, despite warnings all over these and other boards.

As justperry suggests, get rid of it ALL of it, and then your best course of action is probably going to be a clean install of OSX

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The only way to get a keylogger installed on your Mac is to install it yourself or give someone access to your computer to install it. You cannot get a keylogger installed from visiting a website.

The best recommendation is to completely uninstall MacKeeper. The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion: