a choice too many, a choice too little.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by damitch, Dec 9, 2007.

1. damitch macrumors newbie

damitch

we all know about the vista ad in the apple website where pc chooses his version of vista. for me same goes to the MBP and the MB

i know this looks common to many of the 'veteran' users, but all i want to exactly know is:

1) is it wiser to buy the BlackBook or the low end MBP.
    2) heat. is it hotter to hold a MB than the MBP due to it's casing nature.
    3) *out of this forum's topic* should i sell my iPod 5G video then buy a iPod touch as from the forums, many speculate the upcoming MWSF to come with a 32GB model.

Background:
    High School Student. I normally run many apps roughly about 4-5 but need to run around 9-10 apps, but as below, my iBook cannot handle it. my iBook too has its own fair share of crashes mainly hard disk and logic board. 40GB is definitely not enough. i usually do alot of typing as well as surfing and chatting online. Music and previewing of videos is heavy. My computer's Optical drive has this region check thingy that has only one time left and regionX does not work as this Matshita drive is protected or something so i can't watch other region disc except 3. Gaming wise, DOtA, CZ and BF II and BF I (on my bro's laptop).

Thanks for helping and replying!

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

1. I'd buy a midrange MB. The only real difference with the black is its color. If you need an MBP, you won't get one by spending extra on a blackbook.

2. Yes.

3. What's wrong with your 5g? Why get a touch if you don't actually need one? I'd recommend not falling prey to upgradeitis this young. It won't always be possible to have the newest stuff, and wasting money trying to keep up will never leave you satisfied.

3. damitch thread starter macrumors newbie

damitch

thanks! anws having the nvidia card will it help with graphics as i might want to run vista.

i know that from my currency side that the BlackBook is actually 300$ more expensive with the same specs as the midrange MB.
    *plus the MBP looks great!*

i agree with your statement on the ipod but the main reason is that whn i travel far i dont wana lugg my ibook or MB/MBP around just to surf the net and chat online as i know that i can jailbreak the ipod touch easily.

Advise?