A Clean MBA Screen. What do you use?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Acerone, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Acerone macrumors regular

Acerone

I have a bottle of Windex but I'm not sure if I should use it on my MBA screen. What do you guys use to keep your screen nice and clean?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Do NOT use winded, or any other chemical on your screen. A slightly dampened anti static microfiber cloth is all you need.

I use this method on my iMac, MBA, MBP, IPF and iPhone. You need nothing else. The only chemical substance you can use is Iclear, but it's expensive and IMO, not required.

3. mpaquette macrumors regular

Yeah don't use Windex. I use a regular old microfiber cloth every few days or whenever I notice something funky on the screen. Maybe once a month or so, I dampen 1 corner of the microfiber cloth with water and wipe down the screen. This method has served me well on iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, etc.

4. dlim macrumors regular

+1 I use iKlear too. It is pretty pricy, but I think it's worth it. I clean my MBA screen maybe once every like 2 months? But I also have a shaggy-mac screen protector to put inbetween my keyboard + screen when it's closed.

5. Acerone thread starter macrumors regular

Acerone

Thanks for the tip guys... The old microfiber cloth that I had worked out just fine...

6. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I put on a photodon screen protector. It prevents the keyboard and aluminum lips from scratching the glass of the screen, and makes it slightly more anti-glare. Also, makes me not care what I use to wipe it down as the screen protector can be replaced easily.

7. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

8. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    I Kleer sprayed lightly on a Microfiber Cloth, on one side, buff with the other,
    Never on a screen, especially a warm one:cool:

9. YosemiteSam81 macrumors member

YosemiteSam81

I use an LED screen cleaning foam from Phillips and always with a microfiber cloth. As many have already said..DO NOT USE WINDEX!

A cheap alternative is the lens cleaning spray you can get at Wal-mart with a microfiber. Works great!

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I use Monster Screenclean sprayed on a microfiber cloth. I use it for my MBP screen, iPhone, and my TV.

But I'm sure that the above posts suggesting a microfiber cloth and a little water are correct, and you really don't need a cleaning product.

11. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I use my eyeglasses cleaning cloths.

12. kamuix macrumors regular

13. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

I'm use a microfiber cloth. For stubborn marks I use a microfiber cloth, dampened.

14. lc25 macrumors 6502

iClear and a microfiber always works for me, keeps the aluminium looking fresh too.