A Clean MBA Screen. What do you use?

Acerone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I have a bottle of Windex but I'm not sure if I should use it on my MBA screen. What do you guys use to keep your screen nice and clean?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Do NOT use winded, or any other chemical on your screen. A slightly dampened anti static microfiber cloth is all you need.

I use this method on my iMac, MBA, MBP, IPF and iPhone. You need nothing else. The only chemical substance you can use is Iclear, but it's expensive and IMO, not required.

Comment

mpaquette

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC
Yeah don't use Windex. I use a regular old microfiber cloth every few days or whenever I notice something funky on the screen. Maybe once a month or so, I dampen 1 corner of the microfiber cloth with water and wipe down the screen. This method has served me well on iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, etc.

Comment

dlim

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2012
Do NOT use winded, or any other chemical on your screen. A slightly dampened anti static microfiber cloth is all you need.

I use this method on my iMac, MBA, MBP, IPF and iPhone. You need nothing else. The only chemical substance you can use is Iclear, but it's expensive and IMO, not required.
+1 I use iKlear too. It is pretty pricy, but I think it's worth it. I clean my MBA screen maybe once every like 2 months? But I also have a shaggy-mac screen protector to put inbetween my keyboard + screen when it's closed.

Comment

Acerone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Thanks for the tip guys... The old microfiber cloth that I had worked out just fine...

Comment

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Europe
I put on a photodon screen protector. It prevents the keyboard and aluminum lips from scratching the glass of the screen, and makes it slightly more anti-glare. Also, makes me not care what I use to wipe it down as the screen protector can be replaced easily.

Comment

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
+1 I use iKlear too. It is pretty pricy, but I think it's worth it. I clean my MBA screen maybe once every like 2 months? But I also have a shaggy-mac screen protector to put inbetween my keyboard + screen when it's closed.
I Kleer sprayed lightly on a Microfiber Cloth, on one side, buff with the other,
Never on a screen, especially a warm one:cool:

Comment

YosemiteSam81

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2012
Great Lakes
I use an LED screen cleaning foam from Phillips and always with a microfiber cloth. As many have already said..DO NOT USE WINDEX!

A cheap alternative is the lens cleaning spray you can get at Wal-mart with a microfiber. Works great!

Comment

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I use Monster Screenclean sprayed on a microfiber cloth. I use it for my MBP screen, iPhone, and my TV.

But I'm sure that the above posts suggesting a microfiber cloth and a little water are correct, and you really don't need a cleaning product.

Comment

lc25

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
iClear and a microfiber always works for me, keeps the aluminium looking fresh too.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.