A CLEAR bumper avail now

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by glen e, Jun 27, 2010.

1. glen e macrumors 68030

I have about 3 cases coming this week that I know I will like better than the Belkin Vue I picked up at BB this week. So for grins I took a razor blade to my case and cut off the back. Granted , I made a few gashes as I did not care, this would make a perfect clear bumper if cut with a sharp blade and steady hand, such as a desktop publisher or other skilled person. It cuts perfectly right on a ridge all the way around. I love the sides as they are completely clear and magnify the stainless:
    [​IMG]

2. artofdesign macrumors member

3. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I have one and can not wait for my bumper to come in. I considered the Feather but its not thick enough for me.

Vue is a PITA. Its difficult to activate the volume buttons and sleep/wake button. Granted i have a full Zagg on and that may be why the case does not fit right. It looks good (out of what is out there right now) but its not doing it for me. I like the Feather but its too thin.

4. bruceleroy macrumors member

bruceleroy

looks like a good idea. Ive been looking for a clear bumper plus your right with the IS on the vue does not line up correctly. How does it work now. Any pics with this one your phone?

5. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

6. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Everything lines up on my Vue. Seems a total waste of 24.99 to chop it up, but I guess it is your money. ;)

7. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

I ain't selling them - imagine a belkin vue with an open glass back - no cheap looking frosty covering

8. falconeight Guest

falconeight

The bumber covers up the nice buttons, clear looks cheap. The only good looking case out right now is the Ifrogz lux lean.

9. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

A clear bumper is what I've been looking for. I don't want anything that obscures the back of the phone because that destroys the aesthetics. I'm surprised no one has come out with one yet :(

10. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Ewww. That one is hideous. It looks like a cheese grater. :-/

11. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/366/productID/1972

This is the closest I could find.

12. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

13. rmchale macrumors regular

14. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

No, sorry, I'm waiting for the white iPhone and I don't think they're shipping quite yet. I'm probably going to order the pink one from them, though. I don't see why it wouldn't fix the problem :)

15. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

but it most likely will have the washout effect if it uses a clear backing plate like others...

16. rmchale macrumors regular

Seems like it has a hole for the camera?

17. swizzleswirl macrumors newbie

do you have any pics with the iphone 4 in this case?

18. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

19. number9 macrumors 6502

It's not a clear bumper, but...

I bought the Griffin Reveal case, they have them at Best Buy for $24.99. The back plate is clear polycarbonate and it is attached to a flexible rubber bumper. The Griffin website doesn't show it, but they also have one with a White bumper at Best Buy. I have the black one and it protects it well and doesn't add much heft to the phone- it doesn't feel any bigger than a naked 3G or 3GS. Like others here, I didn't want to completely obscure the phone, but wanted some shock absorption in case I drop it.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reveal-iphone4

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I agree it's a nice case, but I returned my Reveal due to the fact that it causes a problem with the camera flash.

21. Pared macrumors 65816

This will most likely look terrible after some usage. You will get scratches/marks on that clear backing and ruin the entire look.

22. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

It does look awful and all scratched up after a day or two. It also attracts dust and generally looks tacky. Also interferes with the flash.

And those are all the reasons I returned mine. :(