A Collection of Minor Hardware Problems (rMBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jackemw, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jackemw macrumors newbie

hey guys,

I've had my retina macbook (2.3ghz 16gig, 256gig model) for about a month now, and some flaws are really starting to show.

First problem was one that I've had since i got it out of the box. the chassis creaks from time to time, small cracking noises from either carrying it or resting my hands on it while it is sitting on a desk.
    Ive been to my local mac shop three times now and every time they have tightened and re seated the back panel of my macbook which helps get rid of the noises, however they always return.
    Do many macs have this problem?

Last week my trackpad feels like it has become loose. If i push it in certain ways it budges only the slightest, it also makes a faint click when i touch to click on my trackpad. These issues all come and go as well.

on a sidenote, the bottom left corner has sunk slightly, is that normal?

The screen also happens to be off centred on the hinge, is there a way that I can fix this or do i need a 3rd party to fix it?

Tonight the unibody started to make a proper creaking noise like a squeaky door hinge.

People at school with rmbp's dont have these issues, but mine did ship with lion and theirs ML

I live in Tasmania, that small island off the bottom of Australia with no official apple store in sight. These problems come and go (apart from the screen) and im afraid that if i send it away, it will just be sent back and i'll have to pay for postage.

What is the deal with apple care? Will i get a repair or new computer and will it cost anything? Also how long does stuff like this take, I need my computer for uni

Thanks in Advance!

2. Arizor macrumors member

You've posted a thread about it, so obviously you're not happy with it, and you paid A LOT of money for it, and no, it isn't normal.

Phone Apple, sort out a replacement, and send it to them definitely. Otherwise you'll never be happy with your product.