A couple Apple Upgrade Program Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duelingdragons, Sep 16, 2016.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Sorry if these have been answered ad nauseam, but I have two quick questions:

1. If I am enrolling into the program for the first time, do I still need to go into a store or is it all done online?

2. Since it won't be a full year until the next iPhone (presumably), will I still be eligible to upgrade to the newest phone on launch day next year?

Thanks for the help.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

1. You will need to go in store. You can reserve a phone online, for in store pick up, and complete the process in store.

2. You just need to have made 12 payments by time the next iPhone comes out. It is not necessarily tied to owning the phone for a year, but 12 payments must be made.

3. 4sallypat macrumors newbie

I have a reservation today at the Apple store - I have to go in because it is a T Mobile phone.
    You may be able to do a first time enrollment on line according to the Apple chat folks.
    When you return to upgrade you have to go into an apple store because they have to inspect it.

Yes you can upgrade after 6 payments but you would have to cough up the other 6 payments before doing an upgrade.
    As long as 12 payments are made you can start another one.

4. Haxley macrumors regular

Haxley

1.a) How can you enroll online for the first time?

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You don't need to go to the store. You can enroll the first time online and have the device shipped. Its those that are trading in for year 2 that are required to do it in store.

Also, OP, as mentioned above its 12 payments. If you make your first payment in September, your last payment will be August. Therefore, once Sept. rolls around with the new iPhone, you will be eligible.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2016 ---
    Pick your model that you want, click iPhone Upgrade Program, an option will pop up. "Enroll for first time" or "I'm already enrolled".

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

1) You don't have to go to store unless using T-Mobile
    2) You have to make 12 payments to upgrade.