a couple final cut questions (nothing complex, i dont even know how to use it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluedoggiant, Sep 11, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

wen will it be updated??? anytime soon??? also, who is the target audience for the product and what kind of editing shud it be used for, and do not mention proffessional, i mean what would i edit with it? what type of video, not the file type, the genre i mean, thanx in advance!!!!

p.s. will it be able to edit avi and h.264?

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Well your questions are pretty open ended. No there is no information on when Final Cut Express will be updated, if there was it would be shown up via a forum search.

What do you mean what genre of video should you use FCE to edit? You can edit any genre you want as long as you have the footage for it. It is an application that just edits video, it does not magically turn a documentary into a film or anything. I'm not quite sure I even understand why you are asking that question. It is like asking what genre of writing Microsoft Word is best for...

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

no no no no, i know what final cut is and all, but i was just wonderin is it right for me, who just makes videos, but want more than imovie 6 or 08, do u have any info on premiere???

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I would say that Final Cut Express would be a good choice for you in that case. I'd certainly recommend it over Premiere (mainly because I use FCP and know the system). I have never used Premiere so the choice I guess is down to you. I'd still get FCE though myself.

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

ok, thanx