A couple issues with new Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blwade, Oct 3, 2016.

1. blwade macrumors 6502

I was able to pick up my new SG 42 mm series 2 watch last Friday and love it!

I'm noticing a couple issues though...

1. My alarms aren't syncing.. is this normal behavior? I was under the impression that they would...

2. Recently played always comes back in my dock. I don't ever use it, but I can't seem to remove it.

3. I can't swipe up and remove from dock until after I select the button to keep it in the dock - is this also normal behavior?

On the plus side, I'm up to 1 day, 4 hours of standby time and 6 hours and 12 minutes of usage with 28% battery left! (I haven't used the GPS or workout yet though).

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

1. Alarms don't sync. Not sure why. But no matter where you set it (on iPhone or watch) alarm will alert you on watch if you're wearing it. In short, pay no attention. It will alert you properly.

2. You can't remove it. Even though you don't use it now, one day you might when you listen to podcast or anything audio that isn't Apple Music.

3. The app won't be in Dock until you add it. If you see "Keep it in Dock" that means it's not in Dock so no need to remove it.

3. WeatherMate macrumors member

Many users are complaining about this issue. The ios 2 beta version of watch also had the same issue but it was resolved after apple launched a new update. In ios 2, the alarm used to work fine if they were added through the iPhone and the alarm did not work if they were added through the watch directly. Try to add the alarm through your phone not through the watch.

4. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

the only issue i have had with my new watch has been the stand goal quit working and repairing with iphone did not work.. i ended up having to clean install my iphone and apple watch to get it to work :mad: luckily i only lost a week worth of data since ive only had the watch for a week.

5. blwade thread starter macrumors 6502

That's unfortunate about the alarms and removing recently played...

Apps that prompt you to 'Keep in Dock', do they only go away when the watch restarts?

Tried adding alarms on the phone and it didn't add to the watch.

I haven't experienced this problem! That's unfortunate.

6. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

I don't think so. But you can have only 10 apps in Dock if I'm not mistaken. So those apps should be gone when you get to that number, except for Now Playing.

I think about alarm some more and I would hazard a guess maybe Apple didn't make it to sync because they think people who create alarm on the watch wants silent alert? They had boasted about this "silent tap on the wrist" to wake you up.