A couple macbook pro problems: Battery, volume, backlight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by six1ninepunk, Nov 21, 2009.

1. six1ninepunk macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, this is my first post on these forums.
    I bought this macbook pro (late 2008) about 4 months ago. Since then I have found a couple potential problems with it.

Problem 1: Battery life. As of right now my battery is at 17 cycles and has a health of 94%. I think this is low, but i also heard it goes up and down. However i have been getting about 2.5 hours on the 9400m with only safari running and brightness down on three bars. I just did another calibration today to see if it helps.

Problem 2: I have really bad backlight bleed. When im watching a movie or anything with a black on the screen i see a burn in type image, like would be seen on a plasma tv. Its very annoying. Also when i am looking at a white screen i can see a brighter white that is a little smaller than a dime.

Problem 3: This is not a problem with the computer but the OS i guess. When i have my external speakers plugged in, i crank the volume on the macbook. I used to be able to unplug the external speakers and have the macbooks speakers return to the level they were at before. Now when i unplug the volume stays at 100%. This is the least of my worries though.

Thanks for any help in advance ;)

2. six1ninepunk thread starter macrumors newbie

3. fergwad macrumors newbie

Not sure if I can help, but a little more info might help other people help you:

Did you buy it new? If "late 2008" is correct and you got it 4 months ago, then it was used?

Again, would be helpful to know if it was used; and whether you have put 17 cycles on it or you know for a fact that it has had 17 cycles in its entire life.

Are you using the 3.5mm stereo jack or the digital/optical audio?