A couple of Adobe CS3 questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jim Campbell, May 31, 2007.

1. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Apologies for any duplication of topic - I did try a search and nothing obviously leapt out at me. Further apologies if this is better suited to the "Design & Graphics" section.

I've just leapfrogged a substantial number of versions from the Adobe apps on my venerable G4 450 (running Classic!) to CS3 under 10.4.8 and there are couple of things that I'm struggling with. I'm assuming that I'm just looking in the wrong places, but I do need some help!

1) Scanner support in Photoshop CS3 ... time was you just bunged a plug-in into the folder and your scanner appeared under the "Acquire" or "Import" menu. But, as far as I can tell, not any more. Can I access my Epson Photo Perfection 1660 directly from within Photoshop, and where should I be looking to acquire it?

2) Backwards compatibility ... InDesign CS3 doesn't appear to have a backwards save function. I may very soon have to give an InDesign document to someone running CS2 ... can I really not do this?

As I said, I'm assuming that it's just unfamiliarity that's preventing me from finding these options, rather than an actual lack of the features themselves, but any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers

Jim

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

File -> Import, TWAIN devices (ie scanner) should appear under there and scan directly into Photoshop. If nothing is there, you may have to reinstall your TWAIN driver for the scanner. Get it here.

Export as InDesign Interchange (.inx) format. The recipient running CS1 or CS2 will need an update (which they should have already if the program is up to date) in order to open the document.

More info is here, it says CS2 -> CS1 but the information is the same to go from CS3 -> CS2/CS1. Even more info, CS3 specific (although it says the same thing as the above link).

3. Jim Campbell thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

That's fantastically helpful. Many thanks!

There's nothing like leapfrogging about six versions of an application to cause bewilderment and disorientation ...

Cheers

Jim

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

No problem :D
    Glad I could help ;)