Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
1. When sitting at my desk I have 3 external drives attached to my MBP. Is there a fast, reliable way to eject all three drives in one easy step vs. ejecting each one? BTW, I tried to use animator but it did not work reliably.

2. Occasionally I accidentally "eject" an external drive. Is there a way to 'reconnect' with this drive without having to unplug the firewire cable and physically re-connecting it to the MBP for the OS to recognize it?

thanks all.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Not sure about #1, but #2 is easy. Launch Disk Utility, click on the drive and click "Mount"

Picture 1.jpg

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Is it possible to select all three and drag them to the trash/eject icon from the Desktop or Finder?

This is what I do -- I just drag highlight all of them (so it's only two mouse clicks anyway) and then drag them to the trash.

I think there's a DB widget that ejects all removable media:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Dashboard-Widgets/Webcams/Miscellaneous/Eject-All-Volumes.shtml

And I would guess there might be a program you could put in your dock that would do the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.