A couple of feature suggestions...do they make sense?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by davehutch, Oct 14, 2014.

1. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Before I write to Apple, just checking I haven't overlooked anything obvious:

1. When clicking the cross, next to a text message read on the lock screen, the message should mark itself read
    2. Notification dismissals should sync between devices so I dob't have to dismiss them everywhere.

Do they sound useful?

2. Mtmspa Suspended

1. nope.
    2. yep.

3. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

As above. Clicking the cross button doesn't necessarily mean you've read the whole message. The notification only shows you a preview of the message, so not suitable for longer messages.

4. bransoj macrumors 6502a

The second one is the notification sync that Apple mentioned i think for iOS7 but has never really come to fruition.

5. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

6. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Do we need a feature to do something that isnt needed and could actually be deemed to make battery life worse?

7. davehutch thread starter macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Good point

8. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Agreed, this is one of those things that if available will be used frequently by many users as a placebo. It's really not necessary with the memory and app management model on iOS. It would do more harm than good.

9. jenre macrumors member

Actually, if you swipe left on an individual text notification there is a second cross you can click which will remove that particular msg from your notifications and also mark it as read.

10. davehutch thread starter macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Ah...I think I must assumed it wasn't working because there's a bug which doesn't mark ams messages as read straight away.
    That's good to know, thanks