A Couple of Hard Drive Upgrade Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TimJim, Oct 17, 2007.

1. TimJim macrumors 6502a

I am planning on reffiting my MBP with a new 200gb hard drive for leopard. I have bought an external enclosure for my old hard drive as well. My quesiton is, will i be able to (once its in the external enclosure) see/use/copy etc. all my old files from my old hard drive in the enclosure when it's plugged in to my MBP?

Also, is this a void of warrany, me replacing my HD?

And lastly, is there any good guides on the net for upgrading a MBP HD besides youtube ones?

Thanks

2. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

3. wackymacky macrumors 65832

wackymacky

If you are planning on using one of the drives for Time Machine you are likely to want a bigger drive than 200 GB.

4. TimJim thread starter macrumors 6502a

my soon to be external hard drive that im gonna pull is gonna be 120gb and i probobly wont even use time machine except for certain folders/files

5. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

what to aim for with backups is buy a drive that is AT LEAST 150% of your internal drive.

that keeps you up for a while, but say you've got an 80GB HDD, with Time Machine soon, that'll fill up fast.....

6. TimJim thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have a 120gb external...well soon to be anyway...do you think i should sell that and get a 500gb or something one?